TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

how?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6875 Report
Can something like the main logo of aldera.net be done with photoshop? and if so, how?

btw, I'm talking about the buildings, not the text...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6876 Report
You can do anything in photoshop if you spend enough time at it. I'm sure you could do it by airbrushing and so forth, but it's probably a lot easier in a 3D program.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7210 Report
That looks to me like 100% Photoshop job - I might have a try for you!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7236 Report
lemme know how it turns out :-)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7251 Report
Well, I think it would be faster to make in PS, but it would be much more effective and realistic if you used a 3D prog. Although either way it would not be a small task. It's going to take a lot of time a patience.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7291 Report
Time and patience hmmm

Ok this is my attempt to do the same kind of architecture on the Aldera site you linked to. When I looked at this closely as people have said above - I realised the original was probably done with some kind of 3D sofware. Some of the distortions and perspective are quite difficult to achieve in Photoshop alone. Nothing is impossible though!

The main tool i used here was the gradient tool and also some some lighting effects. Then to give the forms some slight perspective -I just used the spherise filter. Couldn't get 3D transform to work.

Only a few different structures needed and then distorted and reproduced.

You can really get in here and do some more detail in there than Ive done!

This is just to show you some of the techniques available in PS to do these kind of images.

if you want a more detailed description, let me know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7292 Report
Damn Mark, you've got too much time on your hands. You're good, and you should be out making money from this. Not making the entire image for the person wondering how to re-create a certain effect. I remember you did the lightning around the pipe for the guy too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum