TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to do Exploding fractals

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 25th 2001#628 Report
Hey All

I need some help making those Exploding fractals as seen in here images.deviantart.com/off...00x600.jpg

Now i know you gotta use the Bomb thingy in 3DSmax, but i need some help with that. What shape should i use, how many facets should it have, where to place the bomb. If anyone can write a tutorial for this it would help alot of newbies like me
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2001#631 Report
OMG...I JUST saw a tutorial for this not more than 2 hours ago, but I cant remember where. :o

Dont even remember if it was PS or Flash, but I remember seeing that name when I was looking for something.

I'll see if I can find it again unless someone else beats me to an answer.

edit - Welcome, btw.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2001#633 Report
Ok, I tried, but cant remember where it was. I must have gone through about 150 sites this morning when I usually only visit about 20 overall. Would have been easier then.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2001#634 Report
heheh, nice playing with my emotions

anway plz look, if u can find plz plz post the url, thanx
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2001#656 Report
Can't see the img but it's probably done by making some shapes with the lasso tool, and then setting different layer settings
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 30th 2001#808 Report
Actually, pre made that mainly in 3D StudioMax.

precurser: "i think if i remember correctly that image didnt use an exploding polygon type thing.
i made it out of text, then applied a lot of modifiers to it. then took a while rotating the camera view to find a good angle."
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 30th 2001#812 Report
www.thinkdan.com

check his forums. There is a post about how to do it in photoshop. Its pretty much just using the polygonal lasso, making your shape, and playing with blending modes and layers transforms.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum