TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Vector Images?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 12th 2001#5782 Report
I would like to know how to create, what i'm guessing, are vector images like the ones seen on bmwfilms.com. I've tried using the Threshhold tool in Photoshop but the images just don't comeout as sharp and clean as the ones at bmfilms.com and other sites.

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 12th 2001#5788 Report
Though I haven't visited bmwfilms.com yet, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you'd like to create vector images out of raster images. This can be done, but the results are usually pretty clumsy unless you take A LOT of time working on them.

There are a few things that might help. First, try the Posterise command under Image---> Adjust... This will allow you to reduce the number of colors into manageable shapes, but still, to be true vector images, those shapes will need to be outlined with the Pen Tools. This is tedious. If you have Flash, Illustrator or Freehand, there are AutoTrace functions in each of those programs, but they often produce crappy results that need tweaking by hand anyway.

You might also consider Adobe's Streamline, an application intended for just such a project. There is also Xaos' Segmation, a windows-only tool that does essentially the same thing.

If this isn't what you want to do...well, ask again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5811 Report
:D
Thats it, Thanks

Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7039 Report
this message is for sticky.

did you get any results? i want to do those exact images, but i just cant get them to look the same. i also want to create those vector-like images that are actually just outlines of people/objects. go to http://www.wallpaper.com and ckeck out there ****. i just cant get it. and streamline sucks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7041 Report
Actualy i havn't had the time to try it yet, but thanks for reminding me, i will play around and see what i can come up with and reply back to this thread.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum