TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Aged Film

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 11th 2001#5713 Report
Hi,

I've been trying to use the PS plug-in "aged film" (by digi effects). It's a great plug in , but it does not work on any kind of high res files(10-20MB or over). The digi effects people say it is meant only for web size images. Anyone know of any other plug-ins that do the same job (give prints the dust, scratch ripped effects)?

Or a work around in PS?

The plug in is available for After Effects. Can I pull in Hi Res files in After Effects and use the plug in there?

Lorne Resnick
www.visionxl.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2001#5733 Report
You could possibly reduce the color depth...(ie...change it to the indexed color model) and see if that works.
Then change it back to RGB after the effect is done. ( Be forwarned, if this graphic is going to be printed you "could" lose valuable image data causing a bad printed result.)

Another thing you could do is post a graphic example of the effect and lets see if we can tell ya how to copycat it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2001#5734 Report
Actually reducing the image in any way (color depth) would not work as I need hi res images (50-60MB) for print work. Also posting a specific type of image to try to achieve that look wouldn't work as the interface of the aged film plugin is so extensive and that is what I need. Lots of choices.

Thanks,

Lorne Resnick
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum