TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

how did he do this?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 10th 2001#5587 Report
I was looking through the Bizark website (great site, btw)

In one of his wallpapers in the gallery, he has this picture... click here to see it.

He has a grid over the greenish area, and I can't figure out how to make the grid look "beveled" like he did it. I asked this on the forum on his website, but got no replies, so I thought I'd try it here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
// Matt
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2001#5588 Report
Make the grid on a layer of its own and then either add the bevel via a layer effect or simple give it a pretty opaque drop shadow...they both look kinda different but that in a nutshell is how to do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2001#5604 Report
Or you make a white grid on a seperate layer, copy the layer, invert (so the grid is black) and move the layer with the back grid to the right ot to the bottom or both a few pixels, and change both layers' opacity
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2001#6705 Report
This is how i think he did it:

1. First, make a new alpha channel.
2. make a small square using the square marque tool, and choose edit>stroke with it set to 1px and from then choose whether u want it stroked from the outside/middle/ or inside.
3. Select just the square, and choose edit>define pattern.
4. Delete the square and choose the paint bucket tool, set it to patern fill, and fill the channel with ur pattern.
5 Now load the selection, and go back to rbg mode, on a new layer, fill the grid selection with a light grey, then emboss it with a small height setting.

that should get you some good results, play with it a bit to get it just right

instead of embossing, u can also just add a slight dropshadow with the default setting for direction

Good luck!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum