TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to critique...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40915 Report

I asked for permission to reprint or link to this article. It's from a writer's workshop with thousands of members, that exists basically to offer critiques.

Before I post it I wanna let y'all take a look at it and see if you agree with the article. I might just post excerpts and link to the complete article.

MBB warned me about trying to dance with TheDPQ... but this article nicely states the ideas I want to get across to her about critiquing--without my personal disdain for her harsh style of criticism. I also think it would be helpful for the younger crew who are just learning how to critique someone elses work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#41001 Report
It's a worthy cause, but I don't think it will help.

The DPQ enjoys being a bitch and the attention it brings. She will not change.

The young kids have the attention span of a gnat and will not read the entire article.

The more mature people that would actually read it, are already mature enough to not be assholes in their critiques.

But if you wanna post it, go ahead.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#41013 Report
I fear your analysis of the situation is all too accurate, my friend.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41076 Report
Deker rocks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41242 Report
Whoa... MBB was right, it appears I grabbed a tiger by the tail!

What are my censorship powers? Can I edit or delete her posts on my judgement?

::edit:: I called dek and talked to him--I'm comfortable with answer now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41378 Report
I got written permission to ::link:: to Andrew Burt's article. It's really written for critiquing writers, but I really appreciate what he had to say. I was hoping he would let me reprint part of it and then link to the whole, but he said no.

I'd like to know if all you guys, especially Bob, agree with what he says about critiquing before I post it as a sticky or whatever. If we don't all agree that it's a good measuring stick for the value of a critique then I won't do it.

Please feedback either way. Thanks, my homey skillet biaaatches!

Peace, easy, out...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41385 Report
I agree with what he says, but I still don't think anyone will read it. The "Problem Children" won't even understand half the words in that article.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41391 Report
Great article but sadly I'm with Dek. I'm not sure it will do much good. BUT I really do appreciate the effort and by all means I'm not saying no. It's up to you guys. I normally wuss out of decisions like this and let you guys be the judge. I just work here...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41397 Report
No, you ALWAYS wuss out of the decisions, pu$$y.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41400 Report
It's called delegating authority, get it right ~
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum