TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

comments

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39215 Report
Take a peek when you get bored. Just playing around again on about the 6th idea for the new site... The green is a bit bold but I think it stands out sort of neat. Maybe I'm just nuts though
Of course be honest as ususal....

http://www.pankpages.com/p4/pIV_2.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39344 Report
Wow... thanks for sharing that Bob. First of all, I'm not worthy to comment--that aside, my comments follow. (I knew you'd see through me.)

Overall, very good. Coupla areas for thought: I don't like that you changed the name to DankDages--Maybe you could take the font into Illustrator, convert it to outlines, and add some sub-terrainian tails to the 'P's. Second, I think the black line art works very well in the body of color. The black line art below in the grey area is too dense--I'd suggest thinning it out some.

I've been playing with ideas with black line art over manip'ed photos, like http://www.p2output.com -- you've given me more inspiration to think about. Of course, if you launch before me I'll be accused of ripping you. :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: I know, I just won't ever post it here!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39435 Report
Thanks malibu ;)
DankDages sounds cooler ;) (point taken)
Line art: Just came up with that last night. Still needs tweaking and I'm sure I'll change some stuff around. But you guys should get the overall feel of what I am shooting for. My biggest ? was the green. The more I looked at it the more I liked it because it kind of threw the scheme into something other than the orange and grey. Thanks. I'll keep you posted
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2002#39445 Report
I enjoy the green thing. and the black lines are a-ok. the orange part has a really good texture to it, and i like the faint logo in it.

I would reduce the orange smudges on the green part and either make it a darker shadow effect, or lose it altogether. to me it just looks kinda dirty and gross. like you spilled some chocolate pudding on it and tried to wipe it off. I also think it would contrast with the orange better if it were more of a pure green.

The text is disappointing to me. Not only for the reason dan mentioned, but it just seems kinda boring compared to the rest of the piece. I think a more interesting type face would greatly improve the whole feel of the site. I mean i know that's kind of your trademark text or whatever, but i think a different font would work much better in this case.

But overall it's very swell looking.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2002#39451 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2002#39453 Report
Thanks guys Give me time. I just did that up last night. Still very unfinished... ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum