TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

To CSS? Or not to CSS?

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 11th 2002#35296 Report
I'm debating whether or not to use CSS on this major project I have going on. It's for a company that sells caskets and urns online. The web site will be their business... they won't have a storefront. I could do the layout in CSS, then do the @import trick to put some minor formatting in for NS4. Or I could just use tables, and have it work in most browsers, but then be inaccessible, and not forward compatible. what to do?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2002#35364 Report
I don't know. Is it worth going through the headache over? Will the client even realize you did this for him/her? I'd say just do the tables and save yourself old browser problems. Unless, you are doing this for a portfolio standout ;) Then I'd say it may be worth the extra time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2002#35368 Report
Axiom would really like to POST NEWS ON THE SITE!

you can email his password to [email]andybenton@oesm.org[/email]
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2002#35388 Report
Yes, it will definitely be the highlight of my portfolio. So it will probably be worth it.

One thing I'm doing, is on each 'feature page' for each casket, there will be a "print this page" button. So instead of making another page, if I just did it in CSS, I could load in another stylesheet and it would reformat the page without having to download anything else, and it would be much better. But then if people come there with NS4, it would look pretty poo. I guess I just need to discuss this with the client and see what they think, eh?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2002#35414 Report
news

yes, I have some...

grr.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum