TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Gotta be a better way...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141025 Report
I'm not sure we want the responsibility; but maybe there's a better way to handle the Paying Jobs section. It just seems to be very unprofessional (what do I expect from a bunch of kids). I dunno exactly what I mean, I've just been horrified by some of the behavior. Watching people undercut each other, just to... I don't know why. Bickering, flaming clients, whining....

Here's a couple of thoughts; what if:

1) We not allow ANY submissions of work OR bids in the threads. All requests for quotes must include a valid email address, where all bids or submissions will be sent.

2) The requestor should post a 'deadline' which submissions or bids will be accepted until. If a satisfactory designer is not found in that time, they may post a new thread requesting submissions.

3) We immediately delete any posts which violate the above.

4) Anyone posting a request for work MUST post the name of the 'chosen' designer, then the designer may post the work (or not), then the thread is locked.

or

5) Anyone wanting to post a request for quotes or submissions must PM or email an addy which we could rotate admining; and only mods may post the request with ALL the req'd info (specs on job; pay or request for bids; deadline for submissions; timeframe for project) and only mods can post in the thread--locked otherwise.

Thoughts?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141031 Report
Thoughts?
We can just delete it. I have yet to see anything good come out of it ;)

You guys decide.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141036 Report
I don't think anyone has even been paid from any of the "work" there have they? Usually the "client" is a 15 year old kid that is starting a hosting company, or a computer building company, or a clan of some sort. I've yet to see a legit request for paying work. And no one has gotten paid to my knowledge. Most of the time the "client" just disappears anyway. They probably have theads on 5 other forums asking the same thing.

I don't think we need to start admining it and everything. It's obviously not a very valuable section of the forum, considering the results, and it isn't worth more of our time to administrate.

And the free help forum is just a bunch of beggars that get pissed off if no one will help them. I'm with pank... just delete it. Or leave it like it is and let people participate at their own risk.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141039 Report
I have to agree, if someone really wants something done and is willing to pay good money for it then im sure they would post something somewhere. Most of the threads in that section are pointless and never really have a final outcome, at least none that I have seen. I think maybe just leave it the way it is.... like deker said I realy dont think its worth our time to administrate it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141143 Report
I say you dump it...i've never seen anything 'real' come out of this. The only thing i see are lazy kids that want people to make their logo/site banner for $15..which really is no use to anyone.

But...you could always post up the rules Malibu has underlined and give it a chance..if nothing comes of it, bin it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141197 Report
Dump it. Dek, earn your keep.
Just kidding. You can delete it if you want. If not I'll do it later tonight.
vB 3 RC4 just came out so I'm swamped right now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141200 Report
I deleted 'em. Hooray. That was fun...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141205 Report
While we are on the subject do you think it's time to restructure the board?
Meaning have more categories/ forums

Like a seperate section for this, and a seperate section for that, etc.

Or is it fine just the way it is?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141220 Report
yeah i think you should...i think the flash and 3d forums should be separate etc..and separate forums for flah, dreamweaver etc..it makes life a lot easier for everyone in the end.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141224 Report
I'm open... You guys come up with what you think is best and it can be changed.

ex:
Misc-
--bla
--bla 2

This-
--bla
---bla 2
-- bla 3

You get the idea
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum