TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

reflection moment

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117620 Report
Ok, I think it's time for a quick reflection moment...
pank, what should we mods focus on more... Pleae handle us personal. What should I do better?

This thread might help us get a better forum again! woohoo! Lot's of people are complaining about the new people, I tried being hard on them but was afraid of being a bastard. So tell us what we do good... and what we could do better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2003#117934 Report
First of all you ALL do a kick ass job and it is greatly appreciated.

As far as suggestions.
All I'd really say is try not to overmod. If somebody looks like an idiot, let them look like an idiot. Expose them for what they are. I've never been a big fan of editing or deleting posts. Unless it is spam or very wrong.

From what I see all of you do things pretty much like I would. If you have an issue give everyone a chance. We run a pretty tight board here (more strict than a lot) but that is to mainly keep it for the most part professional.

If somebody is an idiot PM them and tell them to tone it down or explain the rules (Yes, dumb people can't read the faq).

So bottom line all you guys kick ass and were asked to be a mod for one reason. You are the best of the best of this community. I just don't want to scare new people off. Everybody F's up so just try to be fair. If somebody is an obvious spammer ban them or let me know and I'll ban them. No problem with that.

There are only a few things that I can think of off the top of my head that would warrent a post edit:
racism- ban them

posting a huge image- edit or ask the poster to edit and use a link and let them know this is something we would like to use to keep the board modem friendly.

Heated threads- Let them be. I love a great debate. If it gets to the point of flaming or personal attacks warn the person, if it does not stop close the thread and we can consider banning that person.

I really don't want to tell you guys what to do but since you asked those are a few points I could think of. Overall I'd say really don't change anything from what I see.

Just try to be fair. That is all I can really ask. It seems we get a big flow of kids at times and they are not used to posting on a board with actual rules. Cut them a bit of slack unless they are complete idiots.

And once again a HUGE F'ing thanks to every single one of you for all the work you do. YOU guys basically run this board on your own. I'm sorry for the lack of time I am able to put in. I check in everyday just to try and keep tabs on things but I honestly depend on you guys to run the board ;)

Thanks again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum