TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

print media (prices??)

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100326 Report
I have a guy that I may be doing a site for. He wants some print media as well. He wants business card, letterhead, Envelope, brochure, and a presentation print handout. Do you have any idea what that should cost? I don't

I want to give him a very fair price since this would be my first print job I've accepted. He has all of the .eps layouts and pictures for the media.

I just have no clue what to charge for print media. I though I remembered some of you guys doing print stuff.

Thanks...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100328 Report
Dan got some pretty nice business cards from http://www.overnightprints.com/

About $50 for 1000 full color on both sides, with a high-gloss coat on one side. I'm going to order mine from there. I think they only do business cards though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100330 Report
No I need to know how much "I" should charge to "create" all of the above. They have their own printer. I need to design all of that stuff and have never gotten into print media. So I have no idea what to charge for the actual designing end of it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100339 Report
OH.

I see. Sorry about that.

I'd just charge your hourly rate for web design. Then just try to figure out how long it would take you to do.

My dad hired a graphic designer to do a corporate identity for www.nabn.biz, and he charged $800 for the logo, letterhead, business cards, etc.

Are you doing the logo and stuff too? Or just laying out a letterhead/business card and stuff? If they already have a logo it shouldn't take you long at all to do.

I think I personally would charge $400 - $500 to layout a business card, letterhead, and brochure with an existing logo. But I've never really quoted anyone a price for print design either. I just know I did a lot of that stuff at work for www.nametagcountry.com (business card, stickers to go on the back of tags, a post card, an invoice, a brochure, etc.) and it didn't take that long. If I had worked on it solid, I probably could have done it all in a single workday.

If you have to do the logo and stuff too, I would charge a lot more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100348 Report
No he has the logo in .eps format as well as hi-res pics. So he is very prepared. Kind of unusual ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100364 Report
In a case like this Pank, I usually just charge a flat $35.00 an hour for the layout being they already have the art. First proof is free, all other proofs I have to print are $15.00. (unless it was "ME" that screwed up causing another proof to have to be produced.)

I'm sure you have an hourly figure in your head that you won't go below. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100367 Report
Well my rough guess was going to be $500 for the package. I wasn't sure if that was too cheap or too much. From what you said it may be pretty close. Not to mention I wanted to give him a pretty good deal since I may be doing 2 sites for him...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100368 Report
I would just 'guess' how long you think it will take you to do the work, multiply hours by 1.5 to cover overage and then charge your hourly rate. Don't forget you'll have extra time interfacing with his printer--they'll probably want the documents in .eps format. Are you comfortable working in Illustrator; don't forget to explode your text to curves and find out what version of .eps they want you to save back to. Have fun!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2003#100370 Report
I really never use an hourly rate. I just bid out jobs with a total price. Illustrator, well I don't use it a lot but can get around. All they need is the illustrator file, or exported to .eps (not sure yet). I think he said Illustrator 10 was fine. And they have their logo in .eps format and have provided the .eps templates to use.

Now can you explain "explode test to curves" ;)
Do you just mean, "object, create outlines" and ungroup??

Thanks guys...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2003#100371 Report
Yup! You got it. That way you don't have to send the fonts along and worry about them doin' anything funky with your kerning (don't touch me there~)!!!!

Oh, and TORN!!!!!!!! Where ya been buddy?!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum