TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

iStockPhoto Password

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 28th 2003#93355 Report
I'm tired of searching for this all the time:

Thank you for signing up with iStockphoto.com!
Your login name is: teamps
Your password is: 2d99A42A
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169772 Report
Just for future reference, are we going to be getting more credit for pixel wars for the new launch?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169775 Report
Probably not. I think about 3 images that came out of that account were for pixel wars. Everyone else just was like, "woo free schtuff."
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169786 Report
hah yeah me and derek kind of.. abused the system, and used the free photos for client work lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169789 Report
we should just keep it going so we can do that ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169793 Report
Is this something I need to know about... I don't know much about the previous arrangement with the photo people, or what it is for... And if anyone would like to give me a jist of the pixel war thing... I assume it is a battle as to who can create the best image?

Quick Idea - We could also challenge other sites that have graphic forums? Don't know how feasible this is, but it may work, two of my sites have quite healthy graphics forums...

http://www.gamingupdate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

http://forums.supercheats.com/forums.php?forum=1219

Again just an off the cuff idea, which I have not thought through!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2005#169939 Report

There are different kinds of Pixel Wars, PS Battles, etc. Ping-pong (back and forth), team based, straight battle, etc. But basically it involves creating digital art using images or original art and having people (or judges) vote on 'the best'.

I'm unable to browse the other forums from work (gaming URL's blocked; amongst others :( ), but I think it could be interesting to have some inter-Rich-world forum battles--instead of an ongoing fragmented thing, it could probably capatalize as an "event" type thing, with publicity on the various forums to generate cross-posting and traffic. Let each site pick their 'team' to compete. You might even want to explore the idea of a separate "Pixel War" site and forum, just dedicated to that type of thing. It's very popular on some other sites--it had it's hey-day here quite a while back. It's a huge administrative thing to post, administer, track, and manage voting on a forum--it really burned out it's share of moderators over time here on TeamPS. If you had a site that did the scheduling, tracking, voting administration for you with a back-end... kinda like some of the Online Gaming league sites, ie.:

http://www.worldogl.com

it COULD be huge.

Yes, I realize I just gave away an idea to you that could be worth 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars / year in revenue... but I know if it takes off big, you'll take care of me ;)

NOW... the relationship with www.istockphoto.com was in place quite a while ago. It was basically a perk for the moderators on the forum. We gave a link in the 'friends' section of this site and links on the forum when we used their images, and they gave us a PILE of free downloads from their site. I requested Bob renew this relationship when we were redesigning the site (and we were running out of free downloads)... and he said he would handle it--but it fell by the wayside with the sale, etc. This was a nice perk for the mods, and I know I miss it--but I will trust your judgement if we want to renew. There's another really nice 'up-n-coming' stock photo site, http://www.dreamstime.com/ if istockphoto is not as receptive.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum