TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

recent activity.

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 16th 2003#90831 Report
A while back thewhitenite007 posted something about after effects saying he just downloaded after effects and "was it even worth unzipping". I edited his post and PMed him to advise him to read the rules of the forum and not talk about warez anymore. Below are my original statement, his reply, and my reply back to him. Just for a reference in case he causes anymore trouble.

deker wrote on 02-11-2003 10:26 AM:
I think you might want to take a look at the rules of the forum, we don't allow talking about warez in any way on the forum. I edited your post saying you just downloaded after effects. We don't care how you obtain your software, just don't talk about it in our forum.

Thanks,

Deker

thewhitenite007 wrote on Today 10:13 PM:
Hi

I reviewed your rules, and I found no mention of acquisitioning software. If you want to be completely legal you would have to say that, you cant use the word WAREZ because people do not know what that means. People DO CARE on how to obtain software. You might not have the preference but that has been a hot topic on this forum as well. Do you want to pay $699 for photoshop 7? I feel that adobe is one of the best software providers out there. I cant support them anymore then I do. However i feel it is assinign to pay 700 dollars for a program. I find this forum interesting and fun. I hope it stays that way. By the way if you do not allow Warez you will also have to ban nudity as well. That is just as illegal for a minor as obtaining pirated software, and there are plenty of minors crawling on this site including myself.

Just a friendly update. have a good night

Pete

deker wrote:
You know what Warez is, and that is all I'm referring to. The reason Adobe charges so much for its software is that over half of the copies of photoshop floating around out there are pirated. And it is not an absurd amount of money even if that wasn't the case. Photoshop is a professional level application. It is not meant for kids that have no money or people to touch up an occasional digital snap shot. That's exactly why they have released Photoshop Elements and Photoshop LE, for consumer level photo editing. Photoshop is for professionals that demand the highest level of quality in their tools, and make a living with them. There are $30,000 printers out there too, which aren't meant for consumer use. You wouldn't say those are outrageously expensive, because you don't need all the features they offer. A $200 HP consumer printer will do pretty much everyone just fine. But professional printers demand more features and control and durability, and they pay for it.

We are not trying to be "Legal" by having some lawyer write our forum rules. If you are a person that downloads illegal software, then you will know what Warez is. If you have never downloaded an illegal program before, then you might not know what warez is, so it doesn't matter.

This is a private forum, and we have set the rules according to our own preference, not just because things are against the law. If you have a severe need to talk about warez, then please choose another forum.

But if you would like to stick around and learn and have fun like the rest of us, then you are more than welcome to do so. Just don't mention warez (ILLEGAL SOFTWARE, just so you know what I'm talking about) again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2003#90840 Report
Just pm'd him:

I hate being like this but one of my mod's (Deker) "kindly" warned you about warez. Now it's time to handle this myself. Look we all have fun and try to get along. BUT, don't give the mod's a hard time or argue with them. He pm'd you for a reason and you had to argue with him. Enjoy the forum but I'm sorry if you can't follow the few simple rules you will be banned (which I hate doing to people, but will do if I have to).

So the next time (if ever) you get a message from myself or a Mod follow the few simple rules. I make the rules here and try to keep them simple. Deker did not mention nudity so you have no reason nor right to make up your own rules.

The choice is yours...

Enjoy.

Man have I had to be a dick lately (SHUT UP, no smartass comments slap nut deker). Between ripping the guy in coolsites who was advertising his reseller site of templatemonster, the scammer from AWP, and now this. I need a vacation...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2003#90875 Report
lol yeah... I know. A lot of bastards are signing up.
I think it has something to do with the root and all those other forums that closed or are using a membership thingy or something.

We just have to take a closer look and keep everyone tight. It can't get out of hand now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2003#90941 Report
Here's another PM from him:

thewhitenite007 wrote on Yesterday 11:14 PM:
Thank You. Indeed Adobe is a professional application marketed toward the amateur. Professional equiptment is not sold in any Staples. You mentioned $20,000 printers, those are not sold in any comp usa, but through a specific certified dealer. I agree with you 100% about the markup on the software, having Dozens of copies floating around. The reason people do thta is because people can not afford that price tag. Im not the lawyer, and I hate being politically correct; and since this is a forum, I have the oppertunity to debate with you about it. Thats fine right?

and My reply:
There is really nothing to debate. If you can't afford Photoshop, then don't buy it. Buy Photoshop Elements for $99 instead. If you can't afford that, download Paint Shop Pro or the Gimp for free. Just because something is expensive does not mean you can steal it. I can't afford a Mercedes, but that does not give me the right to go to a Mercedes dealership and steal one. And Photoshop is not marketed to the consumer. There is lots of pro level software at Comp USA and places like that. That does not mean they are marketed towards the consumer, and it certainly does not mean you have any right to steal it. If you are going to steal software, then steal software. But don't even try to justify it, because it's stealing anyway you look at it.

Like I said, I don't care how you get your software, just don't talk about it in our forum. Period.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2003#90994 Report
See if he settles down. I just got this from him...

Ok sure. I understand that 100%. HE did kindly warn me, and I understood it too. I just cant believe Im not allowed to talk to the guy about it and ask why and give my opinion.

Have a good one
Peter
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2003#91058 Report
Another dude who's getting on my nerves is sybersnake.. This dude like to post his showcase on other's post..
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13495

I've editted it.. below is the original
[quote]
you should add cellpadding..

mine: http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13483
[[/quote]
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum