TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need advise.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65802 Report
http://homex.coolconnect.com/member4/zilt3r/ver20/

or maybe criticism hehe.

I think it sucks but could be improve to make it lots better.

Need some advise on what could be done.

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65804 Report
Wow it took forever to load...your server must have been having some down time. Anyways, about your site:

By the looks of it, there is no doubt that you have the ability to create "good" things in Photoshop and it looks like you have somewhat of a "good" knowledge of code writing. Your problem seems to be implementing those skills into an ultimately well-designed web site. Things look good individually, but just don't seem to flow together real well. To improve, take a whole day just to look around at design companies on the web. Go to all your favorite design/art pages and study them, then see if they have a list of links and study all of those. See how well respected designers arrange things on the screen. If you find a site that your really like, grab a blank piece of paper and somehow try and take a few ideas from that site and apply them to the looks and feel of your site. By no means am I telling you to rip a site, its just sometimes a good idea to use inspiration as a beginner. As you progress to more advanced levels, you'll begin to find yourself thinking of neat ideas on your own, without the inspiration. But like I said, its obvious you know how to use Photoshop and Notepad, now just get out there and start observing. Thats my best advice Happy clicking!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65814 Report
i love all those red "x" 's very cooL!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65820 Report
i waited 10 min for this.. go to geocities or somthing ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65828 Report
Adam: Really good advise there and I appreciate that. Made me see things from which I don't understand about myself too.

I am probably too rushy with the design too.

Oh yeah, the server, its pretty fast for me but probably cause it's local,

can you guys try this server for me and see if it loads up faster?

Thanks =)

http://www.singalore.com/adrian/ver20/
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65830 Report
much faster...yes, your exactly right about rushing your design. i am the same exact way. currently, i am trying to learn flash and already wanting to create a site that will win the macromedia site of the day award, lol. everyone does it (tries to rush design). its a good sign though, it shows that you have a passion for designing. so yea, just slow it down a bit, instead of using photoshop to make only web sites, just play around with stuff and make a wallpaper or logo. good luck :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65875 Report
Well it looks ok, but i have some suggestions....

1. The loading time of the page is ok, until it gets toward the end and then it takes a really long time to load something... do you have like a really big background or something trying to load maybe???

2. The navigation IMO needs some more work... it needs to be spiced up a little or something... make some boxs or buttons around them or something....

3. Get rid of the horizontal scrolling in the iframe... just makes the page look better...

4. Maybe do something to tie all of the images on the page together... add a border to the site around all of the content or something... just so that its not all just floating there....

Other then those things i think its a pretty good start... its just my 2 cents, its free, take it or leave it... :D

(no harshness intended )
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65910 Report
There's actually a flash file containing just some music. I forgotten to upload it so that's what it's trying to load till the end but couldn't as there's no such file.

Fusion: I appreciate your comments =)

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65918 Report
http://zilt3r.tk/

I scrapped the previous design and redo somethign following ya guys' advise.

Gonna add more things to it though.

Tell me about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65925 Report
Looks better,

But you need to work on your typography. Change that font to something else. It doesn't flow with the straight lines design. Try Verdana or Arial. The navigation text is blurry. Need to fix that.

The title image of that tunnel will definately look a lot better and bring out your design if it wasn't faded out over grey and beveled.

Next is that background music. Erm, the chinese love song won't really create the mood of a design site. Need to get rid of that.

Your "Do Not Miss" buttons are out of alignment with the box in 1024x768. It overlaps the content box on the left of it. Instead of a layer, why not just put them in a table cell?

I'm not sure about the others, but the lime background doesn't mix. Try a darker background color, dark blue, grey, black?

Off Topic :

I see you're from Singapore too. Where you living at?
Oh, from your buttons, you came from SomethingLeet? Don't worry about them, they can be really mean
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum