TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

my cheesy wallpaper design?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5436 Report
Hi Everyone,

I made this last nite, sort of a corporate desktop wallpaper, it's a little cheesy the effects I used but, I dunno..whatcha think?

www.djmatsuda.com/wallpaper/wallpaper1.jpg 1024x768

www.djmatsuda.com/wallpaper/wallpaper2.jpg 800x600
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5441 Report
very cool! if u fixed it up, i'll use it as my desktop wallpapa! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5499 Report
I like it but the spikes just aren't me. Very cool, I love Planet Kosmos don't you?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5507 Report
Yep, I like the font but I find it'll be one of those fonts that will be used to much and it'll be overkill. I didn't really want to use that font but I didn't have anything that really suited the graphic. I forsee the font being used too much like hirosh and neurpol has.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5531 Report
You said it! Although I am using Planet Kosmos in my sig because the letters don't have the style of the font jumping out at you. I've seen neuropol used by Smash Mouth, CMT, and half-a gazillion websites. Another EXTREMEMLY over used font is Bank Gothic MT. It's a good font but it's ALL OVER THE PLACE!! I opened your background in Photoshop to see what fonts would work with it out of my 1,100. (Give or take a ttf.) here's what I came up with:

Chaney is a font I have that I'll email to you If you want. All the rest can be found on the web.
By the way, can you tell me how you got the connected dots so perfect? I tried to do it but all i get are little telephone icons.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5533 Report
Very cool looking! My main beef with the image is the dots...I don't like normal filled in dots like that, I like em hollowed out...the wall about 2 pixels wide. That's just my opinion and wierdness anyway :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2001#5728 Report
Noa: the circles are just a pattern I made, I just filled a marquee selection with them and changed the blending mode. It's not too difficult =). If you know how to make patterns then it's really quick
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum