TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

design opinions

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 22nd 2002#65730 Report
I just made a version with a white background since they said they wanted to lose the tan. I think it works for the most part. What do you think?

(I the top nav images are different shades to show off different possible colors: blue and b/w. They would all be the same depending on which one is chosen).
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65744 Report
Oh. I was looking around cause your URL looks familiar. I use your new script too. but one of the old versions.

If you want to try the grunge look, look at some of One26 webdesign work. Or get some inspiration from DamnEngine.net
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65751 Report
Nice work dude. If you want the nav to stand out a bit more, try adding a 2 px stroke around the text. Something to that effect should make it extra bold and apparent.

If you wanna check out some of my grunge work like sidez said, my link is www.one26.com

I post at the ashweb forums on occasion by the way. Awesome work witht hat news scriot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2002#65852 Report
http://www.ashwebstudio.com/soma

We finally agreed on how to do this for the most part. There are two new files, both start with "RED" that are going to be used.

Do you think the new red background works or not? I don't have a choice because he said "We ARE using this background, regardless". He says it invokes more emotion :rolleyes: I just want to know anyone else agrees that the bright red makes it almost blinding and more of a pain to read.

All the text and multiple pages are going to be in an IFRAME. I told them about browser compatibility, and they just said "**** 'em" At least that part was cool.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65872 Report
I think they look great.. i like the colors and the style you used to make the site look more new/trendy kinda like the era of punk has become... I think you did a great job of creating a color scheme, and making the image look non-corperate.... I think it looks great... nice work. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65890 Report
oh man, using red as a background for anything is never a good idea unless you're making a coca cola wrapper
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65891 Report
Originally posted by outbreak
oh man, using red as a background for anything is never a good idea unless you're making a coca cola wrapper

He said he worked in advertising of some kind where he designed billboards and also print ads. He said doing stuff like this would get people's attention a lot more.

Attention, maybe...visitors liking it, no.

My hope is that, when the message board for the site is up and people start to visit it, messages such as "change the colors!" will be posted A LOT. Then maybe he will get the hint.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2002#65941 Report
Haha... I love it when the client thinks they know how to do web design. I actually had a client once that said he had done advertising before too. A web site is not a billboard though. With a billboard you only have like 10 seconds to convey your entire message to someone. With a web site you want to provide information and some kind of service, which will hopefully make the viewer want to stay around for a while. At which point bright colors become an eyesore and distracting, rather than attention grabbing. Stupid think-they-know-it-all clients...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum