TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Please test my Flash site

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 5th 2001#5215 Report
Hi everybody, this is the first site I'm posting here and I would like some feedback. It's kinda old ( 1 year ) but I never promoted it so nobody have really seen it.
http://www.candyfix.com

The butterfly movie is not as smooth as I would like it, how does it play for you ? Any ideas to improve the movie ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2001#5221 Report
er, the menu on the main page isn't always there...?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2001#5232 Report
Yea it blinks and it starts over. mayby put a stop action in the last keyframe of the menu movie.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2001#5242 Report
I think he/she wants it to do that. You can still press the buttons when they fade out. Oh well, its nice. Im not a big fan of all flash sites. heck im not a big fan of flash, but you did well on it. the graphics are nice, and it loads fast. Perhaps distinquish the menu a little more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5372 Report
Thanks for the replies, guys !

Yes, the blinking menu was meant to be like that. But I changed it, since most people was annoyed by it. I was trying to make a creative playful menu, but I guess it didn't work well as well as I hoped. Check it out now http://www.candyfix.com

0blivious.. It's funny how you don't care much for Flash. I love Flash sites, but they have to be well designed off cause. It's interesting how different forums view Flash. I would love to see more "wallpaper artists" do flash, instead of similar looking html sites.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5376 Report
I have seen several wallpaper sites with *flash*. My issue with flash is this. There are some very neat effect flash can do, but most times, it happens that those same effects can be done with DHTML and sometimes that DHTML can be faster. Now, some browsers are funky on thier DHTML so thats a downside.

The reason I really dont care for flash sites all that much is because i never really got into it. For a while, I was trying to learn flash. Everyone said "its easy". Just do this, this and this. Started to learn ActiveScript and I gave up on it.

I prefer to stick with things like php, javascript and mysql. I know I can find a job doing things like that around here in my market. Flash on the other hand, there isnt a large calling for it here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5377 Report
I hate to code and only do basic stuff in flash, not that I don't want to learn more, but I'm a design guy not a programmer. I like the ( almost ) complete control you get over your projects in flash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5420 Report
Nice overall man, I like it. I definitely like it better with the menu not moving, and I think I'd actually slow down the squares moving across the interface as well, they're a bit distracting. I like the movies, the butterfly one especially. Really nice job on the shape morph on the button, very cool. Letting it animate back the square instead of just popping back would be a nice finishing touch IMO. Good stuff...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5427 Report
Thanks for your comments, Fig.
Good idea about the morphing button, I'll look into that.
But I'll probably first do it at a later point.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2001#5627 Report
No point in ignoring it .. its all going to be flash in a few years - its obviously so much more powerful than the clunky world of HTML.

I really like the feel youve got - the menu is the main problem - a quick alpha fade would be better than the on/off version. Hope you can find a use for it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum