TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

styrix.net :: organic.genesis - submitted for your approval

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4959 Report
I just complete the design for my site, at www.styrix.net. How does it look? There is no "content" yet, but I wanted to get the design done first.
Does the preloader work?
I know that right now it works in IE, somewhat in NS6, not at all in NS4, but are there any specific bugs you notice?

Comments !
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4962 Report
so far so good. But could you get rid of that javascript that when I click on the back button it just goes right back to your site?

That javascript, along with the fullscreen thing just drives me nuts. The Layout looks good too, would be nice to see it with some content once you get that up and ready.

The navigation. Don't know if it was intended that way or not, but it appears to be in a frame of its own and it doesnt look like it lines up exactly with the rest of the layout in the adjacent frame. Not a big deal, but something more *picky* people will complain about.

welcome aboard.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4966 Report
Wow, didn't see the javascript thing coming at all. thanks for the headsup. It's because it goes back to the preloading page and since it is all preloaded it then goes straight back to the regular page. I'm probably going to make it like a "loading" "ok now click ok" so that you would go back to that page instead. Any other ideas?

Not sure what you mean with the fullscreen?

The whole middle area is one frame, and the content area is an IFRAME. I noticed it being off by 1px sometimes, but fixed other times. I'm probably going to try absolutely positioning the part on the left, right now it's all a nested table, ill just position the table...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4977 Report
Nice layout I really like it. The colors are nice and the content area in the Iframe is nice just needs some... well content. Keep up the good work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4980 Report
i like the dna menu. very cool.
good colors.
eww...i don't like scrolling news boxes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2001#5025 Report
Thanks for the comments...
I'm finishing up all the content areas tonight, so there will at least be some point to it.
I've reduced the load time from 470k to a mere 180k, a complaint I was receiving (Annoying unoptimized jpg's)
Still working on the Javascript, probably won't be too tough to fix...
Charm, from what I've read you can be harsh on pages, and I see you thought mine was OK As for the scroll bar, what do you prefer? I could use the kind at codephobia, but I see that alot, or I could just make it scroll normally, but I think that would get in the way :confused:
Thank you all for the comments, and I'm going to continue to take suggestions and comments
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2001#5028 Report
Pretty solid overall, and everything seems to line up fine here (IE 5). I'm not sure about the shape you used for the links on the right tho, the DNA helix is cool but I don't really see how the boxes around them relate back to anything else on the page visually at all. Good start tho, keep going...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum