TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

need some opinions....

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 17th 2002#59410 Report
This is the final layout (just one page right now) of a website I'm working on. Just need some opinions.....

Here's the link:
http://home.twcny.rr.com/mysticalride/savi-test-site/layout_1.htm
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2002#59437 Report
1. looks clean and it's good for a company site.
2. maybe you can figure out something to replace the scan lines on the top left, maybe do a little gaussian blur or kick down the opacity for it.
3. you can also use the cables photo in the blue area, so that it doesn't really obstruct the text.
4. Use stylesheets for the links. Using images for text roll-overs isn't a great idea. If you don't know how to do that, go to: http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/rollover.html . Since you have sliced the text as an image with that background, delete the text in the .psd file, remove the slices and replace those with one slice that encompasses that area that was once the links. Save it again, and look for the cell with that image (I recommend you name the slice appropriately so it's easier to find). Set that image to be the background of that cell (<td width="x" height="y" background="linkbg.jpg or whatever">), also giving the cell the appropriate size. Then after you do that, just pop in the text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2002#59448 Report
I'm not a big fan of style sheets only because they have some issues among different browsers. However, I haven't checked back in a while so I don't know if these issues have been resolved.

Thanks for the compliments on the site. The client wanted the background where the main text is. I had originally wanted to put it where you mentioned. What do you in a situation like that? hehe...I just do what the client wants, unless it's something that looks REALLY bad! lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2002#59449 Report
By the way, HTMLGOODIES is an excellent site! I started learning there.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2002#59462 Report
well, if the client wants it there, i guess there's no choice. i believe that stylesheet incompatibility thing is mostly resolved, netscape or whoever would've caught on by now o_O.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2002#59465 Report
The only thing that I'm really concerned with is if CSS is compatible with all version 4 browsers and up. I know the "and up" is taken care of, just wondering about version 4's of IE and Netscape. Opera is completely fine of course. People who are still using version 3 browsers should have their heads examined! lol
Web TV? I'm not even gonna go there!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum