TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid website ...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 11th 2002#58002 Report
Internet/html/photoshop/programming/flash Gurus' please help me !

My website is ok to show my friends ... but im ashamed to show important people it . Could you offer any suggestions of color/text combinations ... format of the site (html/java... all that fancy smantzy stuff) or anything i could add to it ?

The Box factory
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2002#58004 Report
main problem is the font & colour, use small sized fonts in bold like arial, helvetica and verdana.

instead of a big frame on the left hand side, investigate htmlgoodies.com and look up iframes, they're very useful in organising your content.

your background gridlines shouldn't be so bold, try editing the original file (probs a .gif) so the gridlines are darker, only slightly lighter than the actual background.

use some variation, theres a lot of open space on the site, maybe some images or content closer together, tidy it up a bit.

finally, change your hosting, theres a section in the forum that deals with free hosting, brinkster & eccentrix are both good, no harm in signing up to a few, find one without ads =]

nice honest site, good luck :i
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2002#58041 Report
Thank you for the suggestions what is an i frame or whatever you said ? lol im not very technologicly inclined ... well compared to you guys
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2002#58069 Report
NL's site Notice how when you scroll the rest of the page stays the same? Click Talk and it changes the iFrame page. It's just a frame inside a page basically. Not compatable with older Netscape browsers(bleh).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2002#58206 Report
Mr Box - Its great to see someone interested in the art of digital design and web design. A new body is ALWAYS welcomed into this forum and the design world. But, before you are relatively serious about starting a website and receiving warm opinions on it, play around in Photoshop (or whichever image editing software you use) and get familiar with the tools and techniques. Doodle around, play with tools, try text effects, work with color, etc. Whenever you feel like you and your image editing software are best buds, then take the time to dive into web design. Too many beginners buy Photoshop and try creating a website within an hour of attempting to use it. By no means am I trying to turn you off from graphic/web design, so please do not get the wrong impression. I am simply making a helpful suggestion to assist you in your digital design skills. So instead of trying to create a web site, get familiar with your program. When it IS time to create your own website, being familiar with your program leads to a tremendous amount of confidence and makes the whole process much much easier. Also, you wont have to feel "ashamed" to show it off to others. So just doodle around, post what you create in another section of this forum, and we will help you out in becoming the best digital artist you can be.

Adam
tdot designs coming soon...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2002#58230 Report
Heh , i Tried using photoshop but it got confusing ... lol so i gave up ... i made all those crappy animations with flash ... once again thanks for your suggestions ... as soon as i get my keyboard back ill be back in business !
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2002#58337 Report
kill the grid
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2002#58357 Report
psssst, what are you typing with now, or did you explain that.. or I am the only one that noticed that somehow you can type with out a kb
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2002#58549 Report
on screen keyboard
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2002#58701 Report
lol never knew they existed, i'm so materialistic *hugs keyboard*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum