TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Comments Please - Corporate Site Work

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 10th 2002#57751 Report
Question First - How do most web developers get work/contracts?

Lemme give you my procedures, and if I am doing something wrong, please get me on the right track.

I surf the web for crappy looking websites. Then I email the company and tell them that for a small fee, I can redo there website. Then I also state that I can do a small sample for the company, using the same info that is on the current site.

When I get a response, most people want to see a sample. I do up 3 samples: ALL HTML, HTML + FLASH, ALL FLASH.

Here is where I get stuck. Most people like my examples, but don't buy, and I have noticed that some of the companies steal some of my concepts!!

How do you handle this. I don't mind rejection, that all part of this trade, but once in a while I would like to get contracted.

BTW: Here is an example I have been recently working on.
Click Here

Thanks
Adolfo
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2002#57752 Report
Print out a copy of your design, call them up, and say if they'd like to see a copy of your ideas, come have lunch with you or something, and you will show them the design there. If it's printed on paper, it would be much harder for them to steal, because they would have to memorize the design. But if you are not in the same area as the company... then just don't do a design without getting paid. Or at least put a big fat water mark over all of it. I never do the work before I get paid... which is basically what you are doing. You'll get burned a lot doing that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2002#57753 Report
Adolfo, Yes I got to agree with Deker. Try to be proffesional and arrange a meeting. And dont do an example, if you want to show them something then just give them a few links to your work you did in the past.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum