TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

anti-aliasing

Page: 1 Reply
May 30th 2001#4680 Report
i need to know how to anti-alias a graphic, see i took a .gif file with a "transparent" background.. selected the graphic, copied it to a new canvas, erased all the gray around it, but.. the edges are very rough.. pleas help me get this thing smooth

if you visit my site below, where the link leads to is my webaddress, but not my site, my host is doing things and its messed up for now, so visit again soon.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4699 Report
well... I don't see a picture.. the only thing I see is a little red cross...and that's not it , I think... (Just a wild guess) :D

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4706 Report
Ay laddy. De "gif" eemage es no goot. Dat mite be yoos problem. Save es a jpeg eemage. Dat mite fix joos problam.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4727 Report
JPEG isn't always the best option when saving images. If you have a graphic with a few solid colors, and lots of text, you can usually use a fraction of the space with a gif that you would have used with a jpeg. It depends on the image though.

As for your problem, have you tried just blurring it? It would help if you put a link to the picture you are trying to work on. Also, if you do blur it, make the background of the image the same color as the background on your site before you blur it. That will make the faded colors at the edges match better with the background blend better and not look like the image is taken from somewhere else.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4757 Report
well, i didnt put the image up there, that image that is right there is my signature.. i was hoping you could show me without seeing it.. the edges are just crappy and nasty looking. i will upload it and show you as soon as my SERVER FIXES THE PROBLEM so i CAN upload it.. hehehe
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4759 Report
Well, not sure what you are talking about I will try to help.
1. make a selection of the stuff you want to be smooth
2. go to channeles, make a new channel. deselect the selection
3. adjust gausian (spelling) blur to about 5-8
4. then go to Levels. there you will see 3 text boxes. try changing in the 1st and the 3rd one the numbers. try 170 and 200. try it out till you get the good look.
5. when you are done it, go to channeles and select the channel you just edited.
6. return to layers, inverse the selection (Ctrl+Shift+I) and press delete. The image may be some a bit smaller and some things may be removed due to that the selection became smaller.

Good Luck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum