TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Interface and Background

Page: 1 Reply
May 30th 2001#4628 Report
And now for your veiwing pleasure (or disdain) I present to you "Core" and "Circut". Core is a sci-fi adaptation of "Infinity", a background I have already posted. Circut is my new site design. My other one with the buttons that slid down was screwing up :( so I started an easier one. Please give me some detail, every nit-picky critique is welcome.

Core

Circut

Enjoy!:D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4632 Report
The sindots filter on the core pic.... I think they detract from the pic. The tunnel core effect looks good, but it is obscured by the sweeping lines.

The sweeping lines are concentrated rather heavily on the left side of the pic. They draw the eye down and to the left, away from your text, and the center of the pic, it hurts the 3D tunnel effect you have behind.

I'd try to work the sindot lines into the tunnel more.. make them look like they are originating from the bottom and flowing up.

Nice pic though.

The circut interface looks nice too, but I would round the brown toggles you have on the top poll and the righthand poll a little more. They look flat, and the poll looks rounded so it clashes a little. A gradient would do the trick.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4639 Report
You know I've only said this to two other people out of ALOT of artists...but I REALLY like your style of art! (One of the guys I like is a guy thats posts here, raZor). I really like the semi-matrix style backgrounds, I really liked both pics, expecially how the background is with core. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that just a bunch of lines with accented edges or something on? Either way it looks beau-ti-ful! Very purdy! Circut is just plain saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Nice job man, looking forward to any more images. (bows)
yes masta...very gooood...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4640 Report
Ahh...after viewing www.grafixworld.com is ee by the buttons on the left you are a phong man! Me too. Phong.com is mighty photoshop god! Psst: 2 cents from Diablo...your final pictures like in the water effect tuturial (very cool btw), make it so that you can click on it to get a bigger image in a new window. So people can actually see the coolness!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4642 Report
First of all... Czak, the bars on circut are ment to look like a rectangular prism. A flat bar of brown metal with light spacey round parts. I agree that they don't complement the rest of the pic and I'll adjust them. The heavy area of lines on the left were unavoidable. I tried to even it out but that's just the way it ended up. My purpose for the sinedot filter was to look at it first, and then look thru it into the tunnel.

-=[K-M]Diablo[K-M]=-, I didn't realize I had a following. I'm somewhat influenced by the Datek Online commercials with their snazzy logo at the end. Oh, the Matrix helped too. All I did for the lines was I made clouds, and applied the mosaic filter. Then I found the edges and made 'em glow. I had to play around with the settings but it looks good no matter what. Thanks for the reply.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4645 Report
Ahhhh...good thinking! I usually almost always overlook clouds...cept for an image i made esterday. If i can get a host site up I can start showing off my work...I think I'm more intermediate at best (flinches) IM NOT WORHTY!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4650 Report
Hmm.. Well.. you should just be able to adjust the x and y settings to change the groupings of the lines. Takes a bit of fiddlin' though.

They just look a bit flat in front of the tunnel.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4661 Report
your interface design looks great, but the only thing that bothers me, is the large text...you'd have to find a way to meld them into your picture...Now the text overpowers the design of your interface....
Give it a try, and you'll see it'll be better...

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum