TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Enchanted Hells Splash Screen

Page: 1 Reply
May 28th 2001#4495 Report
Well this is some of my work. Beta Splash screen

Please comment?
Thank you.

http://www.geocities.com/kojak_x/Untitled-1.htm:eek:
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4506 Report
don't overuse filters... I can see the clouds and the chrome filters in your pics..don't overuse them...it makes your pic go 'plastic"

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4514 Report
Let me explain something cyberox. First of all Adobe Photoshop is just about an entire filter its self. Second the only filters I used were Difference Clouds, and Wave, so I have no I idea where you came up with me using the chrome filter. This is an advanced Photoshop technique used with layers and blending modes but you should have known that. For me to obtain this style I used the filters I mentioned with blending modes, layers, color range, curves, and levels. Me saying that; I believe I did not overuse filters to no extent and I’m sure that most seasoned designers would agree. So the next time you decide to jump to conclusions please don’t unless you were right beside me as I have created such an image. Thanks for you honest opinion and criticism never the less.;)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4517 Report
personally I like the image, the outer glow around the text makes it stand out when its on the dark areas, and blends in well on the light areas..

my gripe, its called.. "Enchanted Hells" splash screen, when I think of hell, Its the firey red-ish, orange-ish colors.. :o but, thats just a matter of personal taste..

Good job..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4519 Report
It does look over-filtered. Your clouds look over exposed and the plasticy stuff with the little face doesn't stand out enough because of it.

Sophisticated blending and layer modes or not, it still looks like a tweaked chrome filter.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4548 Report
maybe you're such a seasoned artist that you've become pretty good in making graphics look like they've been done with a lot of filters...

i don't like you're image because it looks (sorry) pretty simple.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4551 Report
I think it's alright. I dont like the way It dosn't blend into the background. Snore is right, it reminds me of the snow rather than hell, and dude cut down on the filters. =)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4554 Report
nah. Its a good start, but it is over filtered. That Distort>>Twirl thing kills it. Then its got what seems like a heavy chrome or glass filter/plugin along with the filter>>render>>clouds.

I wish photoshop had like a requirement that all users (unless the posess a special key) have to use photoshop without filters for 3 months. After three months, the filters menu will magically appear.

Oh yeah, and that layer properties stuff too. The dropshadow, gaudy bevel/emboss. Ugghh. Learn to airbrush!

I don't know what has come over me lately. Perhaps it's just the fact that I am learning more about myself, and realizing that I might have some talent, I shy away from anything that has filters in it, unless its like blur>>gaussian.

Course, I'm really wierd. So don't take my word for it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4557 Report
well limitedsoulja.. I guess my opinion is shared with some other people..but I didn't mean to offend you or anything.. I am just giving you some advice....

no hard feelings?

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4560 Report
Well people I see your point. Its just not that good of a splash screen. thx for all the honest people.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum