TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I gotta site.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54559 Report
I would like comments on what you think about the following things (and others if you feel strongly about them):
-The grid backround
-The backrounds in the iframe
-The thing to the right of the header
-The "eggmenu" (c)

Thank you, and here you go. =)

Fallen Kings website
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54588 Report
oi, in my mind it would be:

The grid backround: maybe make it smaller and choose a color that's similar to the dominant color, either a light shade or tint of it.

The backrounds in the iframe: it kind of makes the text a bit harder to read and it is IMO a bit too 'active' you might say.

The thing to the right of the header: insert screenshot? i don't have anythig wrong about that but the gray area to the left does.

The "eggmenu" (c): it's your menu, do what you want with it.

1. what is the site oriented for? (ex. games, blog, etc.) 2. when using the copyright symbol, you're supposed to provide a date or the year.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54612 Report
Well it's not actually copywritten. heh.. I was just making sort of a joke. ahem.. The gray area to the left? You mean that little gray thing in the header? I'm gonna put a screenshot there too... heh
I purpously made the text in the iframe bold so it wasn't very difficult to read.

What would you suggest for the backround?

Oh, it's for a game I'm making with 3 other people called Fallen Kings. Just a 2d isometric project.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54648 Report
if you absolutely want to use a grid, maybe make the grids a little smaller, say a 4x4 pixel box.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2002#54832 Report
The iframe scrolls nicely :D .

I agree the grid should be smaller. You could set your background to hsb(0,100,60) and your grid to hsb(0,100,50 or 40). That may look better.

If your text is black, you should make the background of the iframe really light, and if your text is white, make it dark.

The screenshot thing should possibly have a thinner frame...

In IE 5.1, your egg menu splits up some.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2002#54935 Report
Nice...

I really like your menu....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2002#55034 Report
grrrrr The menu is fine.. I don't know why IE 5.1 or some of the other browsers split it up like that.. but it really aggrivates me...

If anybody could tell me why it does that, I would REALLY like your help..

About the iframe backrounds.. I tried to make them light enough so that the black wouldn't fade into it too much. I think I'm gonna redo a few of em and make them lighter.

About the grid.. I think I see why you want it smaller now. In 800x600 res it looks nice to me, but I looked in 1024xwhatever and it looks sorta sloppy. I'll fool around with that and post an update. Thanks for all your advice guys =P
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2002#55356 Report
hey guys, a quick note that is nice to konw about copyright!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER YOUR THINGS FOR THEM TO BE COPYRIGHTED!
as soon as you write, draw, record, etc anything it is automatically copywrited, so feel free to use the copyright symbol without feeling bad about lying!
however, registering copyright is always a good idea if you need to sue somebodyl........
PTPB
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2002#55357 Report
wooo to many exclamation points, sorry, i got excited
PTPB
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2002#55361 Report
wow, that was like... so random...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum