TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Multi-platform website, needs input

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 21st 2002#54431 Report
copy and paste this
http://ca.geocities.com/lexmir02/main.jpg
damn i hate geocities

i need some input as i will be putting this site up next week as well with the scripts

each console has its own metallic circle and its own menu bar

i just want to see if others see it attractive or if something doesnt look right

thanks alot guys

[edit] this is a section of the html file, the shadow rounds at the bottom...i also forgot to say that the recent features is being renamed and is using the same chrome as the features heading[/edit]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2002#54447 Report
"the page is unavailable"
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2002#54451 Report
copy the URL, and CTRL+N for a new window, and paste the URL in the address..thingie.. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2002#54552 Report
nothing? i will be uploading the html pages so you can take a better look, hopefully ill get them up tonight
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54554 Report
looks alright, seems like u just followed a tutorial or two...but on these type of sites i look more at content then the design, since it's not really a 'design site' u know...yea well er...
waiting for content.

but as far as the layout, it doesn't seem to hold together
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54555 Report
yeah i get what your saying but im not competing with you guys, im against horribly designed gaming websites. The only one that looks decent is ign.com I wont have any content till i get my host and finish all the cgi scripts, but i was just wondering about the colours, youll see when i upload the html pages

[edit]ok i uploaded it, there may be slight differences on each page...only the links to the other console sections work
anyone with higher resolution than 1024 x 768 please comment if it looks distorted or out of place. thanks guys.

Click here to go[/edit]

[edit] another thing for some reason there is an extra shadow where it is to end, i fixed the problem but im not reuploading the page[/edit]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54558 Report
why d you have 2 sets of links going to the same place?
thats just a waste of space
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2002#54836 Report
You have a lot of space in there...

It looks strange with different colors everywhere. Try to make a sort of theme of colors, and don't make the two buttons in the middle different (actually, you may want to remove them) !

It also does appear that some elements are, as Amenranozira said, from tutorials.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2002#54847 Report
ok i get what your saying but the colours change for each console so anything thats viewed in that console changed

and the red thing is just an example of what the features will look like and where on the page and the grey box is features but in text, to see other recent items as new ones come in.

should i change the menu colours to match the consoles? instead of having it blue for every system
thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2002#54932 Report
Nice...

But the recent feature button does not fit... try to use the smae look as the feature one... only change its colore will do the trick
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum