TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New layout - Opinions please.

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53295 Report
http://www.liquid2k.com/atomixcable/

I just put up the current layout a couple days ago. I'm really digging it. I made it specifically for 800x600. Never did that before. I checked it out on a higher resolution, still looks good, but obviously it doesn't look like it should.

Critiques and praises are welcomed!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53297 Report
Looks pretty good. That's a lot of content for just one page, but I guess it's laid out well enough.

For some reason, I'm not totally feeling the effect you have going on behind the text in your title. Seems like it's competing with the actual text itself. Maybe if it was just a hair less detailed and not as prominent it would sit better with me. Would make the title stand out more and make it stronger.

I've never seen hospital green used on a website before which makes it look really unique!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53299 Report
Where is the background pixelation not coming off well? On the "atomixcable" or "this just in"? I checked both without having the pixelation beveled or colored, and it just didn't work. Maybe a change in opacity or the depth of the bevel would make it better? I don't know.

As for all the content...man, there used to be so much more. I used to have every single instant message listed on the right. I don't really like having everything displayed like that. But for now I can't think of any way to handle it better. However, I do like it all there, because it shows off just how much there is to check out on the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53301 Report
On my computer your light gray on the light blue/green is too hard for me to read. I like the look though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53302 Report
I think a more shallow bevel might work better? It just seems like the effect is carrying just as much weight as the text. Maybe even blur the whole effect after you decrease the bevel? It's hard to say without seeing it.

It's really not that bad. But if I were going to try and improve anything, I'd put my efforts there so your title stands out more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53303 Report
that header is a tad ont he larg side as far as file size. Other than that, maybe the green :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum