TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new punkit.com disine

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53211 Report
the links do not work but i did some changes with the colores and things i made the scoll box just the right size and sorry but i have no saport for crazy browser but i hope to soon

i hope you like the colors be cous i do alot but it is still missing something tell me what it is i like your critisiom(spelling) it helped alot thanks

www.thepunkit.com/v3

and i know i did not run spell chek yet so give me a brake on the spelling i just wrote enything to see how it would look
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53214 Report
It's better, but that left scroll bar is still just in-convenient. make it fatter, less scrolling. Also, it could use a spell check.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53215 Report
And maybe it's just me, but I don't like the orange title text, with the red.....try to make it all gel a bit better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53223 Report
i knda like the orange it givesit a little splash

and can some one give me a link to a tutoral on how to change the scrool bar color i got the code but want to kow what it all means so i cange the right colors thnks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53292 Report
hey, i checked out ur site, and I think i remember the old one, but im not sure, and this one is mucho better. Lets see, first of all, the drop shadows on ur link buttons, are chopped off , i know its a pain in the *** to go back and fix the little things, but it would make it look better, cuz my eyes are just drawn to it, which isn't good. Maybe they should be shrunk a little too.

Here is how you change the scrollbar color:

make a new file in notepad, and immediatly save it as style.css, so that is has that .css extension, you can name it whatever u want, but it has to be something.css. Anyway, moving on, past ur scrollbar CSS code in there, it should look similar to this:

body, textarea {font-family:verdana,Arial,sans-serif;
font-size: 10;
scrollbar-base-color:#CCCCCA;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#CCCCCA;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#CCCCCA;
scrollbar-face-color:#CCCCCA;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#CCCCCA;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#CCCCCA;
scrollbar-track-color:#CCCCCA
}

You can use my code if you like, just change the RGB values and ur all set. Save that to ur web directory, and ur done with that file for now.

Now, in the head section of each html file, paste this line of code:

This line of code ^, tells the browser to load the file style.css into the html basically, and use that css code to change the appearence of the html page. So just put that line in each page that you want to change the scrollbar color of.

Hope this helps, post again if you need any clarification.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53293 Report
lol, my CSS include line of code didn't show up because it was picked up on the webpage as code. And I couldn't use that code thing cuz I was using quick reply(which is awesome btw) anyway, here it is:

[PHP][/PHP]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53356 Report
aaaaaaaaaa i know the code i just need to know like what is what so i can color what i want thanks for that tought it helped a little
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53366 Report
er..they are what they are named...Try them out, can´t take that long.. Visit AUXILIUMSTUDIOS.CJB.NET for full list of smileys.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53368 Report
Originally posted by PaavoPerkele
er..they are what they are named...Try them out, can´t take that long.. Visit AUXILIUMSTUDIOS.CJB.NET for full list of smileys.

yea i got it it is updated take a look:newlayer: and i rely like your site i got some insperation for mine it looks realy good and i like the new meatle thing (spelling)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2002#53369 Report
i just explained how to set up everything, you mean you need to know how to edit hex color values? Ok, well since I cant find one damn good website that explains it, i will tell ya.

each color is 6 characters long, right? ok, basically think of those 6 in pairs of 2.

we will use 003399 as our color since it is a nice, u guessed it, blue!.

ok, each pair of two numbers is the value of Red, Green, and Blue in that picture.

the order is R-G-B, so the first two numbers are how much red there is inthe pic, the 3rd and 4th are how much green and the last two are how much blue. so...

there is no red in this color at all, thats the 00

there is a little green, thats the 33

and there is a very larg amount of blue 99.

so we get 003399. Now you have to understand teh order of colors. You can use any number, but we'll stick with basic web safe colors, just because they're easiest.

3,6,9,c,f --that is the order of the values you can have.

33ccff, 99cc33, ff6699, the list goes and on, so experiement with the values a lot, and figure out what kinda color you want.

One last note. if you want a dark grey you would put

333333 or 666666

and for a light grey/off white

cccccc

black = 000000

white = ffffff

Hope this helps, if you ever get into real trouble, or need a really exact color, just open photoshop, click the foreground color, and pick the color u want,a nd look to the bottom right under the first colume of values it'll be a # sign and a box, just copy that number for the exact color.

Happy Hex'in

-Another riduculously long tutorial like post by Atrus.:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum