TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My first flash web site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53206 Report
well, it currently stands as my company site, it's at [url] http://www.extremewebcreations.net [/url]

Time to pick this one apart, I know it's not great.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53207 Report
The site isn't very eye catching. It's functional but boring. Doesn't make a strong business impression for being a design business. And it's a really dark appearance overall without very much contrast. And why you decided to use Flash the way you did for your textual content doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And since *you* were the one who said my logos look like they could have been done by a monkey, let's have a look at *your own* there, sugar...

About 4 of those 10 on the portfolio page are actually going to work in black and white. You know... fax, letterhead, business card, golf shirt, flyer, etc... And how many of those logos would still work if you took the names of the businesses away and just left the graphic? (think McDonald's, Shell Oil, United Airlines, Movies.com, etc.) How do your graphics reinforce the name of the business or the type of business they are in?

Before you even think about criticizing my logos or anyone else's, maybe you should first understand the concept and mission of a logo yourself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53208 Report
The site is just way too dark. Brighten it up!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53209 Report
I asked for the web site opinion, to critize my logos that I did 6 months ago, with Photo Impact, please e-mail this address, Idon't@GiveA****.com

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53210 Report
Oh, and one more thing, would you be interested in a pixel war, but we have to re-design a terrible logo that admins find somewhere? We shall see who designs better logos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53216 Report
I did give my opinion of your site with constructive cristicism. Guess what? Your portfolio is on there with examples of your logo work. I gave contructive criticism on those too. I even saved a copy of them to review later.

So let me give you some more advice regarding your *site*... if those logos aren't representative of your level of work, then why are they included on there for your visitors to see? Here's the follow up... *don't* put content on your site that you *don't* want visitors to see.

I never claimed to be some great logo deisgner. As a matter of fact, those 6 I did are the first I have *ever* attempted. That makes me a newbie who needed some advice and costructive criticism so I can learn. You said they looked like they could be designed by a monkey. Look at your own examples there, chief. You would know.

You want a pixel war? Stick around a few months and show us all of your work so we can see what level of designer you are and get a gauge on your work. Otherwise, you'll just pay $200 for someone to design you a logo and pull it off as your own to try and make yourself look cool in front of everybody here. If you want to make yourself look cool, show us all of your great work. It's certainly not on your website, so feel free to post it so we can all learn from you. I'm a newbie here, and I'll take all the legitimate advice I can get so I can learn to be a better designer. And I learn by seeing other's great work and questioning them to understand.

So teach me by example and you'll earn my respect. Otherwise, I'll just enjoy seeing you get all bent out of shape and defensive like you are right now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53219 Report
I don't care enough to spend 200$ for someone to design a logo for me, that just dosn't make sense.
Just pixel war me, if you think I suck so bad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53220 Report
Actually, Let's drop it, I made a mistake with my first post...I am sorry, I just want feedback on my web site, I don't wanna argue with you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53221 Report
The biggest advice I can give you on your site, is to make it more graphical so it has more eye-candy. I mean, it's a designer's site so you need to show off for your visitor's first impression. But don't go overboard. Find the common ground between *looks professional/business-like* and *looks really cool*. And you really need more contrast and brightness in the layout. Like I said before, it's just too dark.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2002#53222 Report
I'm working on something new, that site is going to be scratched VERY soon, and an all new layout will be created.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum