TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

1st work

Page: 1 Reply
May 26th 2001#4364 Report
Hi all! This is my first attempt at doing anything other than follow along w/tutorials. I have no artistic talent & I'm new to Photoshop so please be gentle, but give me some honest I advice. I know it's simplistic, but I think it's ok for a first project.

You guys do such great work & have such informed opinions. Any advice on layouts or Photoshop techniques is greatly appreciated.

http://members.aol.com/ntxcoog12/UHWallpaper.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2001#4384 Report
keep up the good work mate, one thing i would suggest isusing layer masks and gradients in these masks to fade the different images together more. Or use the, create a border round the image (select>modify>border) then Gaussian blur it a few pixels

hope this helps
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2001#4429 Report
I second his thoughts on the masks and gusian blurs. The images just seem to be on top, not blended together.

The helmets at the top and bottom could remove the white.

Make the university of houston go across the entire top.

The image on the left of the QB and center looks odd. Mask it, or do something to make it not stand out so much.

Heisman hero 1989 doesn't need to be there. It only causes noise.

That's it for now.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2001#4441 Report
blending, masking, and layer types..they rock..use them well and your pictures come alive..!

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4575 Report
Thanks so much for your responses. That's exactly what I need. I know some of the basic techniques, but combining them to get the effect I want is the problem.

At least I didn't filter everything to death. I'll admit I tried almost all of them, but I couldn't get a traditional feel that I was going for out of any of them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum