TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

interface for site

Page: 1 Reply
May 24th 2001#4130 Report
I made this interface for a video store in my neighborhood, I think there is something missing from it...but I don't know really what, you 'll see the blank space on the right of the upper display, I tried putting in a picture from a recent, great movie or something, but It didn't work well..

the two small display's on the right will be the news and a display to subscribe in a mailinglist...

the big one is going to be the content...

for the rest on the bottom of the left display's I have to add some electrical wires to it...but those are details...

It's still a bit rough on the edges, but before I complete it, I'd like to know what to change or to add from you "professionals"..:D

please critique me,

http://users.skynet.be/dotCom/interface.htm

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2001#4159 Report
that is cool i think the video store will appreciate it but why does it take so long to load maybe cut down file size i don't think clients will want to wait that long they will lose money.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2001#4160 Report
I didn't save for web already... It's just a jpeg of the entire interface, when it's completed I'll cut it up in pieces, and work with repetive images for the borders and stuff, so It should load a LOT faster...

It's about 50k and I'd like to reduce it to about 20k when it's finished...

thx for the comment
CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4219 Report
the whole thing is repetitive...all boxes are the same (except for their sizes), all horizontal lines look the same, all vertical lines look the same, design uses the same colors (shades of gray..zzzzzzz) all over, etc...

lacks that something special that make it visually interesting

very boxy and looks like a website (is that a bad thing...no....but some of the best websites don't really look like what we expect a website to look like)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4247 Report
*nods nods* Its nice looking but its all the same. The thing yoiur "missing" might just be something as simple as varity. Maybe try some rust, or wires. Or something thats visually different every so often on the interface. "Details" are what an interface bland verses interesting.

Let us know when you have the "final" version
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4264 Report
can someone please give me ideas or teach me on how to make borders for images like the one in this thread from the creator. I have an interface i wanna make but i dont now how to make a nice border for it. Here's a little backdrop information on the interface.

it's like you just unearthed a rusty old alien ship or some sort of mainframe that was burried for a long time and is rusting over. I have some parts that look futureistic yet old and dingy. I dont wana take the "future" category too far because many people use it (which isn't a bad thing, but i wanna do something new)

i have the menu on the left and i am making a rusty texture (maybe green rust. i mean. it was originally green metal but now it's rusted over)

yeah.. so.. i think i got my idea across (MAN I WISH I HAD A SCANNER TO SHOW U WHAT I MEANT!!) any kind of help for a border of some sort would be great. THANKS!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4770 Report
thx, for all your replies... I'll try to make some changes, too my design so it wouldn't be so repetive.. while looking at it, I feel the same way..but hell, I'm here to learn so...

thx, CyberoX

At least I am thankful for reviews, which can't be said of some other forum people...(blinking at coogie );)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum