TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

comment and advice for my first webpage

Page: 1 Reply
May 25th 2002#49941 Report
I had just created my first webpage for an organization that I'm in and they wanted me to do the webpage.

First I had little knowledge in photoshop and webdesign but still working hard to learn them. Therefore I find this is the right place for your comment.

It is still underconstruction but I need some advice and comment on how to improve my webpage,
http://jirehpathfinder.netfirms.com

Thx
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#49996 Report
Organise your content..they look all over the place.

Maybe you can put your announcements on the center as that's usually the thing that you want your visitors to take note of.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#50025 Report
I'd like to see the menu items incorporated into the title bar graphic you have at the top. It just doesn't seem to fit in right how it looks now. Not that it isn't functional or in the right spot, I just think having it as part of that graphic might add more strength and organization to the layout.

Shiahzy is right about the announcements. They need to be higher up in the order of appearence. The pictures should be secondary to the information I think. Just my opinion. Maybe if you had your greeting horizontal, rather than vertical and at the top, then you could have the announcements and the graphics side by side below them. This would seem like a better organizational layout to me. And BTW, you can crop that graphic of the pictures quite a bit more and maybe compress it a bit more to decrease the file size and make it load faster. Just experiment with it.

Not a bad start though.

Dave Fore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#50031 Report
experiment more with compressing the content into set boxes, try using different layers to get your content precisely where you want (assuming you're using dw)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2002#50247 Report
Thank u for all your comment,

I will take all your advice and working on it...Hmm it seems that my content and my announcement table are having a problem not to mention the pictures.

You know what, no matter how hard I try the website still doesn't look good (it sucks) I know.

Please keep the comment and advice coming I'm dying to make it better.

Thx again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum