TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First Layout I ever Made

Page: 1 Reply
May 25th 2002#49877 Report
ok i recently got photoshop 7 and i thought i would make a layout for my site "soft dimension studios"

its all made in PS. give me comments on how i can make it better and whats good about it allready.

Layout
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#49886 Report
well, the bg is awful (no offense) looks like u just
got the vert/horiz. line tool and made random strokes
all over.

the fact that your nav doesn't fit in the nav bar isn't very good either, and I was never a fan of the win95-pipe-screensaver layouts...but nice for your first one.

lastly (is that a word?) the layout seems to just sit on the bg, no smooth transition from layout to bg, or however you want to characterize it.

keep playing w/ it tho, gj
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#49898 Report
Viper, good start for your first layout... But I'd would say to start out with some smaller steps... Don't be afraid to use HTML text for your nav bar, incorporate some CSS Hover on that baby and you can have yourself a clean, QUICK downloading nav.. You don't need to dive right in the deep end, stick those piggies in the shallow end.. As said earlier, the BG is a bit much..

When doing a layout make sure if it's static you set it up right for the browser.. Set your margins to "0" if you have to and shrink the image down.. Especially if you're designing for 8x6...

Just keep cranking idea's out and in no time you'll have a site up that you'll be proud of... T
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#49944 Report
right, i designed a site layout, its at http://exitlife.dot.nu and i'm only semi-pleased with it, i've been trying to find a style that i like and just can't do it, also i'm about to buy a domain but i'm uncertain of what to choose, i'll try and narrow it down to a few, then set up a poll or something, can everyone vote for me when its set up, i'll be back in touch, cheers
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum