TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Layout

Page: 1 Reply
May 23rd 2001#4018 Report
Ok, guys and gals.

0blivious posted a site the other night, it was green, and appealed to me. So I started messing with a new layout for my family's site.
Although it looks nothing like 0bah's site he posted, it was the inspiration.

It is a work in progress, and nothing is yet set in stone.
Everyone let me know what ya think

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/index1.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4023 Report
Well, the green background with the swirls is a little bit too heavy, not 'professional' enough..maybe if you could make it less attractive for the eye..get the people's attention for the content not the background or the layout of your page...

and for the clock, lose it, or just put a simple text with javascript that gives the exact time, I don't like big clocks ;-)...well, for the rest, looks fine, keep on working..

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4024 Report
Thanks for commenting!

BTW....this is a "family" site, we are not going for "professional". We are going for something that is colorful and bright. So you really think the color splashes are too much? Also the site design is actually being moderated by a teenager named Brandi. LOL! (oldest daughter of 13)
That said...guess who's Idea that horrid clock was?

The Graphical content is really what I was looking for comments on, before I go any further.

ie....... the splashes, navigation interface, etc.

and since it's 2:30 AM.....

*insomnia off*
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4025 Report
I dont like the background and swirls to much. I think they are too hard on the eye. I fully understand what you meant by just showing the graphical side of the website, I allways do that.

On the plus side I dont mind that big clock....and I like the buttons with the rollovers.

Sorry If I've re arranged you site :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4026 Report
Well, about the graphical content then...Like I said, the background is too much...
the nav is ok.. I like the gray screen on the right, is it gonna be some kind of news or something?

and another thing, why does my browser resize automatically? I guess it's to get the res to 800x600, but you could easily adjust your page to fit the whole resolution, and look great at 800x600 and even on 1024x738, just make the tiling of that background bigger

You posted at 2.30 am, I posted at 9.30 pm, off course, I live in Belgium, so that's at least 7 hours of difference,
good night..:D

CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4060 Report
even though it is a family site i still think those swrils some how don't fit in. But i like the clock always good to have novelty.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4089 Report
*sniff, sniff* noone likes my swirly spalshy things. :( ...... hehe!

I really think once i get some content on there it will take away from those and kind of break it up a little. I can tell ya there is gonna be something even more eyecatching in the body content. *grin*

The square on the right is indeed gonna be a new scroller. At least for now
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum