TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Let me know what you think.

Page: 1 Reply
May 21st 2001#3937 Report
I made this site for a game that I play and I would like to know what people think sojust let me know.
http://angelfire.com/tx5/legion

..::riot::..
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3938 Report
cool i like the navigator is orginal cool.
Nice can't wait to see it when it is fully operational.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3940 Report
The you could work on the alignment as some of the slices aren't perfectly matched up. But other than that way to go.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3942 Report
While the graphics work well enough, the site as a whole doesn't.

In the first page, you don't even know where you are going when you click on a link. It's just a number. So you have to click, then another window pops up, then you finally see what that page is. That's annoying if you are on a dial up and have to wait for the page to download before you even know what it is. Also popping a new window up for every page is annoying because when you have to go back to the first window to get to any other pages. But before that you have to either close or move the window that you were just looking at.

The body text is also hard to read since you are using that outlined font. Try just using regular Verdana font or something and not an image at all. It's ok for the nav, but not the body.

The text on the very top of the page is also hard to read since it's so dark, and an outlined font. Consider making it solid, brighter, or another font altogether.

Those are a few of my thoughts.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3944 Report
WHAT THE HELL IS THE SWASTICA DOING THERE ARE YOU NAZI OR SOMETHING?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3945 Report
I think the site is about a game that simulates World War II, so a swastika would be appropriate to the theme, not necessarily a hateful symbol.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3946 Report
I was planning on making a small popup that will be a key as to what the numbers lead you to. I was also planning on making the text area in the other pages non-image and making it a small scrollable window. As for the new window that pops up for every different page, if someone can tell me a way around that and keep the layout I will very much appreciate it. About the slices not matching up I will fix that ASAP as well.

No pro-viper I am not a nazi, the swastika is a banner for the game that goes next to your namewhile you play the game. Even if it wasn't associated with the game it is not necessarily a hateful symbol. It was originally used as a pagan symbol of power. Just like the dual SS lightening bolts.

Well thanks for your inputs on my site.

..::riot::..
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3947 Report
I agree with deker on most of his views. Even if you had an index pop-up, it wouldn't be satisfactory to me. I have to go look at that then switch back. That wastes my time. Since it's in flash, you could easily make it rotate when you mousover the text to show the name. Sort of like a radio dial.

Also, the windows do need to open in the same. You can do that with flash easily. What you need to do is change is remove the target in your flash. There may be something in the JScript, but I glazed over it and didn't see it.

Another, I would put a border around the outside of the main text. You have a 600 area in black a gray border and then white. Possible other colors.

Having the text in a small scroll would be good. I might shrink the logo on the sub pages. When I am reading, I see it as something causing me to scorrl more often. The more I scroll the more likely I get carpal tunnels. Right? Truthfully, it does mean I have to break my readig to do something else.

When you are on the sub-pages you need to be able to get to the other areas of the site. I would make the top the brightest object then darken the bottom. The bright stuff is where you eyes go. You want one focal point, not the entire page.

Have I written enough? I think so. I like the nav, with the exception of the numbers. The colors are good too.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3958 Report
Riot,

Didn't realize it was a work in progress. So I guess some of my comments were unnecessary.

On all of your sub-pages you have the same nav system as on the front page, it just isn't functional. So maybe you could just use the same nav system, but smaller on the sub pages.

Once you get some sort of nav on the sub pages, and stop making the sub pages pop up, and get that body text into a little scroller, I think it'll be pretty swell.

Derek
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4047 Report
I like the opening page, I think it nice and original. But I really hate things you have to click on them to find what page your going to visit. But thats just me other wise good work
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum