TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Site Sketch

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 19th 2001#3803 Report
I finally made a site sketch worthy of posting. Its optimized for 1024X768 res so some people will have to scroll horizontally. When you click on the arrows for the first time the button go down and up in pieces. Click on it more than once and it all goes together. PLEASE tell me whatcha think. Click Here
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3804 Report
Fixed the link...It didn't work for me. http://grafixgallery.50megs.com/NavTank/Pixelation.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3805 Report
Pretty neat idea. I like how the menus slide out. The rest of the page is a little bland, but I believe you were just showcasing the menu system, so that's cool.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3811 Report
The nav is really nice. A little big in my oppinon, but besides that it's great.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3889 Report
if you click the first time, the buttons come in two pieces, and not at the same time..they do come at the same time, the second time you click on them..that's because you didn't preload your images before you entered the page..
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3896 Report
I'm kinda new to this, how do you get the images to preload?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3907 Report
cool man yeah you jsut need to touch up those images whe they load cause it goes all jaggedy.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3916 Report
you'll need to preload the images in your cache of your system..so basically what you have to do is, download the pictures....

you can do this in javascript by using this script:

imagename = new image();
imagename.src = "http://yoururl/imagename.jpg";

so now the browser knows he has to download the pics from that src. even before it is visible in your page, like with that menu system of yours

so in your html you have the following tag

when entering the page, the browser will also download the image above, even when it's not visible yet... and when it does have to be visible (by mousover on the button) then the buttons will come as they are ment to come...

You can also make a script that waits until the image is fully loaded..
with image.complete it gives you back a boolean value true if it's downloaded, false if not...

hopefully this will help..

otherwise, a couple of years ago, I made a page containig a preloader in dhml and javascript. Like one you have in flash..It preloades all the images before it enters the page..
check it out for the src:
http://www.duikschoolgalathea.cjb.net

you have to take the dutch version, the english one isn't online

greetz, CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3923 Report
THANK YOU. That was very helpful. I began to get a little confused because I thought I already had a preloader thing. I am using ImageReady so in my source it says:

I thought that would do it. Oh well, I think I've got it fixed.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3925 Report
Yeah thats pretty neat Dude!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum