TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Comp Solution (My Company Site)

Page: 1 Reply
May 16th 2001#3677 Report
Hi, i am 12 years old and i am in to computers a lot.... Here is a test company site i made. To get there go to http://jason.cyberkni.peon.net/company/

Let me know how you think! BTW the order and about us page arnt done becaouse for the order page im still learning PHP!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3680 Report
I think its a fine job overall.

My gripes:

The rollover images dont preload....so if I just click on it I never see the rollover image.

The Black background, I just dont like it with therest of the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3687 Report
...but you could do a few things to fine tune it. Try using the Save for Web feature in Photoshop to decrease the file sizes/load times on those graphics. Your margin at the left of the page is gone so your text goes all the way to the edge of the browser window. :P If you don't want to add the margin back, at least use blockquote or something so it's not so far off to the side. Also, as much of a fan of exclamation marks as I am, you shouldn't use them at the end of every sentence.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3695 Report
here's my input. Has nothing to do with your design, that seems fine enough.

What I have issues with is the fact that you are selling yourself short on your cost sheet. Never, ever give a flat rate. It's a very bad idea. Chances are, you will get a job from someone that will want 4 computers worked on, then it will turn out to have some issues that you have to fix to get the computer working the way it is supposed to.

What's that you say? You will charge them for it? If they are gullible, you might. But what if they say to you, "it was working fine before you did this"? You will be in pretty deep.

Set yourself on an hourly rate. Depending on your experience and the market you are in, you could get anywhere from 30 to 100 dollars an hour. Where I live, I get 50 dollars just for getting in my truck when I do freelance work. Hourly rates will help you compensate. Now, if this is just something you do as a hobby, fine, leave your price list alone, but if you want to make a serious go at this type of work, don't sell yourself short.

Also, you might wanna invest in some instructional classes like A+, Network+ and some MS classes.

Good luck.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2001#3700 Report
when i was 12, i was selling lemonade...crappy lemonade.

i agree, don't quote prices on your site.

i'd drop the black background and find something a little more interesting.

run a spell check on it.

on my computer your site is all squished up in the corner. i'd try to find a way to have it expand gracefully whatever the users resolution is. even centering it all would help.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2001#3745 Report
I'm only 13 so I guess a critique from me won't mean much. Don't use red and green with black. It makes your site look, um...I don't know, cheap I guess. If you're going for a professional computer site I wouldn't use rollovers at all. Also, make your site as if the visitors would see it and want to give you 200 smackers to make theirs. Just my two cents.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3867 Report
i am only 14 and so yeah i think the rollovers shoudl be loost if it is a buisness site and have your nav on the left side with words as links it makes it feel more prof.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum