TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Photography Portfolio

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Apr 19th 2002#43040 Report
ok heres the site i have been asking all the frame questions about.

its done fore the most part, i just have to get some info from the client about the images and the bio and whatnot.

http://www.jimkiihnl.com/new

anything you think i should change?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43052 Report
for a site using frames, i really like it :D

looks good but i still wouldnt use frames, but its ur site
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43056 Report
well i dont like frames..but what other way is there to do it and still be compatible with other browsers...i cant use iFrames...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43058 Report
I don't like having to click to see a preview, then click to load it into a large frame. I want to see the large frame from the beginning.

Also, there are more reasons to not use frames than to use them. For one thing, you can't book mark anything in frames.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43059 Report
..sigh, you're still not helping me with the what else could i do part.

as far as the preview part, that was intended for users with slow connections because a few of the full size images are pretty large and if it takes them 10 seconds for each image to load they would probably get annoyed.

and if you payed attention to the splash, i do plan to make a page without frames. but aside from the bookmark thing, (i dont think that really applies to this page..why would you need to bookmark a particular image) what are some disadvantages to frames?

ok last thing- would it be a good idea to set the preview window's loading to on Rollover in the flash and load it in the big window on Release? or would that have crappy results?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43061 Report
just one question; why flashMenu at all?? Otherwise it´s ok.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43062 Report
hmm not really sure why the flash menu, i figure ill either make it need to be flash eventually, or make an html one.

right now its mainly like that for the flashing plus sign, the sound and the purple part, so the page doesnt have to reload every time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43088 Report
I don't think you need the flash.

Plus, i think your thumbnail image is actually the full version scaled down, 'cause it takes forever to load those thumbnails, then when i click on view the full image, it is loaded immediately. So you really aren't helping the low bandwidth people at all.

Frames: Can't book mark. Can't print properly. Can't easily navigate them with a keyboard. not supported by all browsers. pure hell for someone with a screen reader to use (probably not your target audience for a site about photography, i know), And many more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43100 Report
ok well how could i do the site without reloading the page every single time?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2002#43106 Report
I agree with them. AND
On the menu, why are some most of the links in lower caps and some in proper form?.. You should maintain a consistant type style.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum