TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Look at some simple designs, and tell me what you think

Page: 1 Reply
May 16th 2001#3655 Report
http://home.hiwaay.net/~tsg1985/
There are two sites in the sub-directory. I feel so inept to post here since the work is so good. Tell me what you think, where I can improver, and/or whatever else you want to tell me.

Thanks for the time.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3659 Report
I like the Monticello one much better. The colors are bright and lively. Maybe adjust the text's font a bit. That font face is a little funky.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3684 Report
First off,

Hi Richard, welcome to the group. Glad you could join.

Now,
I'm with 0blivious, the Monticello is my favorite, and you did a very nice job on it.
Colors look crisp... and they are different...not something you see everywhere. I like that.

Things to change/improve:
The tsg1985 text on the graphic is spaced goofy between the 9, 8 and 5

The Fords one is pretty cool too, its just not as appealing to me, and it has no navigation....That might add some appeal
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2001#3701 Report
the orange one is great! the blue one isn't!

the blue one is not as original, it looks like a site i've seen 1000x before. the orange is very bold in an understated way.

nice job!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2001#3796 Report
Thanks for all your help. I will probaly be on the fourum trying to help some members out more. I'm just about out of school for the summer; therfore, I will have much more time to catchup on work and help others out.
I see the spaceing problem on the Motechello site. I can probaly have that fixed, and I should be able to make the nav text crisper also.
I also like the Montechello site better, but I just wanted to get some tips on the designs I have done. As I stated in my previouse message, I am just beginning to work with Photoshop and needed, still need, some advice on how to get good design.
Thanks agian for your help.
Richard
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2001#3798 Report
I have to say, Richard I have seen your work in the last several issues of "Highlight" (School Newspaper He is Editor of) and it has NEVER been a better paper.
You and the others have done an unbelieveable job andhave been putting out student newpapers that are as good or better than some major colleges we print for.
examples:
UAB
Samford

and you look like you are headed in the right direction in Web design as well.

again ....glad you could join us, Richard.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3869 Report
the montechelllo one is cool as i can't wait to see the final product. Keep us posteed
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3878 Report
Yeah I like the second one. But for some reason the first one appeals to me greatly, I really like the side bar graphic.

Now for the second one I would say dont make the orange picture come down so far and change the font. Other than that it's good!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum