TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New site i'm working on...

Page: 1 Reply
May 15th 2001#3612 Report
Tell me what you think about this new website (it's not finished yet)

http://www.firedesign.com
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3633 Report
nice start man keep it up. hope to see it when it is fully completed.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3642 Report
pretty nice

I dont like the >> things befor the links up top...and you need some content but other than that you have a nice looking site started there.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2001#3706 Report
more binary code...? such a website cliché.
can't you think of anything more interesting to use in your design?

underline links. thats basic web stuff. not everything on your latest creations list links and its misleading to not underline the 2 that actually link somewhere.

the blue, red, green, black, and white color scheme is pretty bland. try to find some colors that convey an emotion or grab our attention.

there's not a whole lot going on here except for a bunch of text.

why have you limited your site to a little box?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2001#3707 Report
I also agree with charm partially, I would not use that green and red lighting. The binary is overused, but it can be used well. In your case, it needs a little work but you are almost there. Keep tweaking the design. I will recommend the following things to you.

1) Add some kind of color (once you get rid of the colored lighting it will be almost all black and white) Maybe in the text or so.

2) The main writing of your site (top right) is hard to read and kind of bland. Trying making big bold letters with a stroke and gradient combo. Make it stand out, not blend.

3) Post the final version for us and we will critique more =)

~mark
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2001#3710 Report
I think the body of the site is the weakest part. You have graphics on the top, then just text. Put a picture in there or something. It just looks like the site is seperated into images and text. They don't flow together. Web sites are like a calm river. They should flow smoothly. They shouldn't be like rapids. Crashing about and trying to kill everything. (that didn't really make any sense, but you get the idea)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum