TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Is this better than the old one?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41713 Report
This is a layout I done because of a schoolProject, but I named the site the same as my "real" site....
Please, tell me what you think... I know it´s a bit dark and the buttons are a bit "commercial"..but..
http://rcdracing.com/tp/green/aux2/

Thank you, dear ppl

(EDIT: Before you start giving me loads of **** about details and techniques.. , I did it in a couple of hours, due to pressure from my teacher.. XD )
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41714 Report
Nice 404 page :D

Possible correct page - http://rcdracing.com/tp/green/aux2/

I like the header, but the content area somehow doesn't flow.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41716 Report
jesus, sidefx..you were fast on replying!! lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41721 Report
LOL
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41734 Report
I think it's a great start. But one thing that urks me.

The interface is kinda bulky. I would leave the top part and the navigation along with the stuff to the right of the buttons, but the thing under it doesnt really server a purpose except for eye candy.

A designer once told me that you should try to squeeze navigation and logo within the first 150 pixels of the top of the site if you are going for that type of navigation. Otherwise, in low resolutions, you are going to end up having the person staring at the navigation with your content barely or not visable at all. That along with the use of frames takes up alot of realestate on the average display.

The background color isn't all that friendly either. Make your content alot easier to read by giving the foreground some contrast over the background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41742 Report
Couple minor things...A few of which already have been mentioned...The top graphic and navigation should take up less real estate then it currently does. The "Read Messages" and "Write Messages" links are barely noticable. The main content area needs to be more contrasted against the text that you have in there. You could either change the bg color all together or put nicely designed windows on top of the existing grey color making the bg of them a very dark grey and the text a very light color. Also, from a content standpoint...If you're a company/individual providing design services it might be good to include some pictures w/ the content on the main page....Other than that it looks really good....keep up the good work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41754 Report
Ok, thanks, SideFX, Axiom and swoop for the feedback...

Every word you say is true. This is a layout thrown together in a couple of hours, just because of an asshole teacher, you know?? lol The reason I posted this piece of crap is that I liked the top-frame....
I have huge respect for everyOne sharing my interests.

:D Thanks for checking out my ****!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2002#41767 Report
The bottom frame is too small =\ You forget about us poor people with 640x400 resolutions. heh (It's only about 1 and a half inches tall on my actual screen)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2002#41806 Report
To be honest, why are you still at 640x480??? Its a REALLY small screen to work at. From my stats ONLY 7 out of 7143 visitors are at that res, so its quite redundant to design at that res.

Its pretty standard now to design for 800x600 and above. Probably in the future its 1024x768

Proof - http://extremetracking.com/open;sys?login=sidez
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2002#41873 Report
I cant wait sidefx .... (1024)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum