TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

the reflecting god ... anyone wanna critique it?

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 13th 2001#3539 Report
i spent hours on end on this graphic, the reflecting god. this, is by far, my ultimate acheivement in digital art, so i'm pretty proud of it. i'd really appretiate some critique too, so, for those who reply, thanks.

address: http://members.aol.com/pixelscontrast/thereflectinggod.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3542 Report
well, in my humble opinion, its a little to dark, and a little too cluttered...

but, its still pretty cool.. good job..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3543 Report
actually, its dark because its supposed to be that way. its an "evil" type picture so, there isn't really gonna be a lot of light in it. and for the cluttered part, i'd have to say that its because of how i was feeling at the time. not to mention the music i was listening to, which had lots and lots of things going on at once. i was listening to front line assembly, btw. but, thanks for the critique. appreciate it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3547 Report
looks sweet I like the darkness....Sorta evil, technology,mayhem all in one.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3550 Report
Great job. Wow it's so smooth and transitional, i love it.
Just a couple questions (you dont have to answer if they're secret or what not)

1. how did you do those multicoloured, i guess, scan lines that go over the ram head (it is a ram head, right? or a dog with horns?)

2. The border that goes all around the pic: did you make it from scratch or took an image and played around with it? if from scratch, how did you get that texture?

3. at the very top you have two bars, i guess, and they are 3d looking and have a whole bunch of images, i guess, blurred into each other. How was that accomplished?

Well i hope you can answer these, if not its cool. GREAT JOB!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3557 Report
i like it.
Yeah it is pretty cool
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3567 Report
>>1. how did you do those multicoloured, i guess, scan
>>lines that go over the ram head (it is a ram head,
>>right? or a dog with horns?)

first, i made duplicate layer of one of the bars for the "frame" of the picture then used scale to streach it across the screen. after that, i took the layer with the head and used the layer mode "overlay" with opacity of 92% to give it the effect that there are scan lines going through his head.

and btw, the head is a picture of marilyn mansons face, the skull of a ram, fox, and wolverine all combined in one.

>>2. The border that goes all around the pic: did you
>>make it from scratch or took an image and played
>>around with it? if from scratch, how did you get that
>>texture?

that one's easy. i used the marquee tool and made two virtical bars about 6 or 7 pixels wide, then added short horizontal lines all the way down the two vertical ones. then, i used the airbrush to give it some depth. after that, i opened a picture, transformed it to were it was the same height and width of the bar, and used the layer mode "color burn".

>>3. at the very top you have two bars, i guess, and
>>they are 3d looking and have a whole bunch of
>>images, i guess, blurred into each other. How was
>>that accomplished?

thats the only one i'm gonna keep a secret. sorry. maybe sometime in the future i'll let that one go, but for right now, its secret.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2001#3582 Report
yikes! i cant look at it!! its freakin me out man, but from i saw (3 seconds) it looked like you did a good job.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2001#3587 Report
Wow that pretty hype yo. One of the best work i've seen posted up. Keep it up. Peace!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2001#3588 Report
technically it is very well done. but seeing marilyn manson in there is a little disappointing. i don't like it when people aren't inspired enough to come up with their own imagery. i get the feeling of 'fan art' rather than 'fine art'.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum