TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

JoeyD Graphics

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38677 Report
http://www.layinbody.com/jd/intro.htm

Any suggestions or feedback on the site? I designed the site all today,do you all think it looks clean or professional looking?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38684 Report
looks awesome. i think it looks both clean and professional. cant really find anything to suggest, lol.

wait, found one thing, , put the background in the iframe on the homepage and also get rid of the 'click here to enter' on the splash page, i think people know what to do there. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38696 Report
Thanks so much! I forgot to change the background to the right link, I had it saved to my computer link..doh! I hate when I do that!

Actually you would be surprised, on my other site Layinbody.com I put the same thing up because I have had alot of people ask me how to get into the site. You would be surprised about how many people don't know how to get into a site by clicking on the pic unless it tells them to. One of the people was a previous boss of a Internet site too, he never knew some websites have intro pics to where you click on them to get into the website...=]
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38723 Report
wow...psychadelic!! .. Nice.

all that I can find to say about;
Put some cool and noticable rollOvers on the buttons,
and style the text-links to another color..they appear to be
navy for me...

That´s it. Very new and fresh styling!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38771 Report
looks good. My only suggestion would be to make some kind of border around your main area because it is a big change from your background pic to solid color. I bet just a one pixel white outline like you have around your portfolio will bring the whole thing together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38778 Report
My only complaint is that when you click a link, it always pops a new window. May be the site, or it may be netscape. Who knows. Anyways, if every section always pops up in a new window, you may want to fix that. Just a suggestion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38835 Report
New window? Hmm..I haven't heard anyone say that about my site yet..I will test it out in netscape see if I have the same problem.

Also ,Geraldo, I didn't quite understand where you wanted me to put the outline..can you just be a bit more specific?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38836 Report
LOOKS like you know what you're doing. LOADS like a castrated work hog. I clicked the image to go to the homepage and I thought the text was all there was on the page. Then, just as I was about to close it, an image in the top left corner started to load. Slowly, one row of pixels at a time, the rest of the page filled the orange nothing around the text. And I'm on one frikkin meg a second cable. When the page had fully loaded I saw skill and talent and a love of orange I had never seen before.

In closing:

Put your best art on your portfolio and optimise your images.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38842 Report
yeah i agree with NOA you really need to work on the loading time of the page...just for the sake of people with 56k, its really took a long time to load for me...so if you just optimize the images you should be good...other then that pretty nice site...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2002#38848 Report
Wow thanks for all the help and compliments. I made some of the images smaller, all the images on the site equal up to about 125k, is that still a bit too high? I am sure I can still cut down the file size a bit. I don't know any other methods to make the page load up quicker. Plus it runs off of my friends webspace at Layinbody.com and that site gets alot of hits..so would the traffic also be why my site doesn't load up as quick?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum