TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Latest Website, Please Provide Comments..

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 24th 2002#37267 Report
ok well this is my latest website design, just a little co-site that I can use to update current-ish content. Check it out here and tell me what you think please.. [even if you think it's rubbish..]
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2002#37269 Report
hmm.....i have mixed compliments, and don't know which to say
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2002#37276 Report
well theres not a whole lot there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2002#37278 Report
looks decent.... :d

i like the clock on the right

maybe you can add some colors and stuff....

currently rather plain
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2002#37432 Report
well.. umm, I sorta like it simple, but maybe I'm seeing too much that isn't there..

[people may need a little guidance in thier imagination..]
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2002#37434 Report
I would call that 'too simple'. I'm all for simple and minimal sites, but that is just too simple. For one thing, there is no visual hierarchy. Everything is just 'there'. There are no headings. No apparent navigation. No images to give a hint of what the site is about. There is really no explanation of what the site is at all.. You can't even tell where the links are because they all look the same as the text.

I guess the top text is the navigation... but why does it look like all the other text?

Then you have the descriptions for the nav elements on the bottom... but why? Why not associate the actual links with the descriptions? It seems rather pointless to scroll down to read a description of somewhere to go, then have to scroll back up the page to click on the link. I would say make the nav menu much more apparent. Then put a link with the descriptions so you don't have to go back to the top of the page to click. Or just take off the descriptions or nav altogether and just use one of them.

Overall, if I was to come upon this site from a search engine or something rather than being posted here for critique, I think I would be "overwhelmed by nothingness" and just leave the site. There is just nothing of interest there. Nothing to grab your eye. Nothing to focus on.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2002#37520 Report
deker: perhaps I should give you a little info as to what the site is about. It is just for me/friends/others to use in regards to time dependent content. I want to have something simple, and just there, that can be adapted from anywhere that has ftp access. There's no need for a description/navigation/any other bs, because anyone who visits it, will be there for something they are after, it will not be in any search engine, and in general the public wont know about it, it's just a little co-site that I want to have for STATIContent. Perhaps you may want to see my main site..here, it's sort of an abadond project, but then again, it's my 2nd ever website.. and I don't think it's all that bad.. [just a little problem with browser compatability, doesn't look as I'd like it to on all browsers, even IE ones show differences..]
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2002#37541 Report
That's fine... you just asked for a critique. So I assumed it would be viewed by the general public. If it's only for your friends... then do whatever you wanna do...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum