TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

fan site critique

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 25th 2002#32978 Report
this is my first photoshop site so could someone please give me some comments and suggestions..

http://dcuniverse01.tripod.com

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2002#33012 Report
ok, I know it's your first site ... I've got nothing against you, how could I, I don't know you

here are some tips:

- don't overuse the bevel & emboss filter ... doesn't look cool ... same for the glow filter ... it makes it look really amateurish

- their are to much "//" & "\\" & "::" in the links on top of the iframe ... simplicity is the key ...

- get rid of those horrible colors ... purple, pink, brown yellow, bright green ... use a better colour scheme ...

- also try to make the iframe look better ... get rid of the border around it ... and use a different font than Times New Roman ....

I know it's your first site ... I'm only trying to help you
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2002#33069 Report
Sorry, but the black letters are hard to read, they blend with the background, stick to one or two colors, brighten it up some.

www.amaesing.net
Peace!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2002#33080 Report
i'm not taking it personally, trust me... the site is no way finished yet, if it were i wouldnt have posted on here... im a newbie, all i'm doing is figuring out and playing around with photoshop, everyone has to begin somewhere

i'm doing a better job with the whole color scheme, as u can tell im coordinated challenge

thanks though for the suggestions, i'm implenting them now, also i'm pretty open to take anymore suggestions and ideas at this stage

again i appreciate it
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2002#33251 Report
If you use the Glow layer effect, at least change the color of the glow...

Also, try to keep the text all the same for the graphics, then the same for all the page text. The title text at top looks horrid with the shadow inside the regular yellow glow color...

You could make these look a lot better by tweaking them...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2002#34431 Report
Something that I personally don't like is messy graphics, I prefer something solid. While I understand download times are important, try and save the title at a slightly higher quality, a clean image looks a lot more professional.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2002#34432 Report
the content screen is way too small, most people don't like having to scroll all the time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum