TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Design Critique

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 21st 2002#32140 Report
Hey. Would you guys mind commenting on my new design? I put alot of work into it but I sure wouldnt want to finish it up if it isnt headed in the right direction. Have a look and give me some criticism. The top link is an example of what the mouseovers will look like. Sorry for the text written over it, but after readin all of these rips I suppose I cant be too careful before its even finished.
New Site Design
Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2002#32173 Report
ok theres a few things you could fix

the blue interface shape looks a bit blurry, maybe its because you saved it as a JPEG. or maybe you inteded it, but it just looks like a crappy jpeg, try using gif.

the other thing is that there is so much empty space, really all there is is 1 color with a little text on it, there needs to be more stuff, just to keep it interesting.

just keep playing with it man, good luck
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2002#32226 Report
there is an overused of the bevel and emboss effect....try other effects...you never noe what you will get..

your words seems a little too big....maybe you would like to amend it by making it smaller..

just my 2 cents worth...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2002#32266 Report
Sorry, no offence, but don't use big Bevel & Embosses! Also, it is way too blurry! The shape should be a bit better, too. Like shiahzy said, text is too big, too.

If you fixed these, it would probably be acceptable.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2002#32312 Report
Thanks for your suggestions. The actually .psd is much clearer...its just blurry because it IS a "crappy jpg" I'm not going for a grundge style on this site so it is quite plainer than some of your sites. I think the shape will actually work well for my intentions, however I will see if I can think of a way to chop it up to not use as much blue. I actually used the bevel and emboss effect hardly at all. It is mainly lighting effects. If you have anymore suggestions feel free to add them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2002#32341 Report
I'm sorry I cannot lie, I really don't like it at all. It is way to boring... all it is, is a blue shape and some orange text... WAY to plan. I would say it is too blurry, but you said it isn't supposed to be like that... so I guess if this is what you like it's ok. There is one thing I like though, it is the shape. You should definately keep that shape, maybe make it bigger, but just add more to it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum