TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new site! yay! tell me what ya think, please?

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 3rd 2001#2816 Report
hey i just started my new site. all of it works, it just that most of it isn't that full yet, mainly because its not quite finished, but it is finished, yanno what i mean? anyway, check it out. tell me what ya think. thanks a bunch.

address: http://echolab.cjb.net
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2001#2819 Report
one thing though, if your going to sell graphics and such, your going to need to make most of your links graphics and not just text.. maybe try some rollover images for your navigation.

everything else looks great, im sure it will look better and better as time goes on.

looks great though
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2001#2828 Report
Looks great, I really like your style but like kpjuni said, you should make the layout a little more graphical with some images or something to make it nice. Keep up the good work:D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2001#2838 Report
You could add some more eye candy if you want, but i see nothing wrong with the text links, they look nice and clean, i would just get rid of the 3 dots in front.

The only thing i don't like is the dark grey boxes with the ..updates... and ...echolab... in them, i would come up with some kinda graphic to use there maybe.

I really like the color scheme you got going, its something different for a change. The header graphic is pretty slick, nice job!

Scott Ulm
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2001#2846 Report
your graphix and everything is great but i think maybe you should try and incoporate them iwth in your menu to spice it up.
good luck nice
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2001#2851 Report
thanks for all the replies. i'll try some of those ideas out and see what happens. thanks again.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 4th 2001#2924 Report
see this is the deal with me:

I have really good interface designs (and im not just blowing my own horn, i've had web site designers of other sites look at them)

but i can't put them on the fricken computer.

why? cus i have no skill.
resolution: i come here.

so where was i...

you really blew it with the green links. your logo is SO FINE! i mean, excellent job. i really love the text effect. (maybe you can teach me how u did it, if you have time)

i suggest you get some small animations or pictures of flasks, tubes, pipes, bunsen burner, and other science tools and make buttons for each one with your link.

this addds to the effect that you're in an echolab.
the green (teal, whatever) contrasts to your overall color scheme and design. use the same color but with your picture links.

the links on the left are barely readable because ur font is so light and the green is light as well. i mean i can read it and all, but its eye straining.

PLEASE LOSE THE (...) before each link. it's repetitive in all sites and doesn't look very good.

try making them look like syntax and such.

i.e.

../null/MAIN
../option/About Us

well u get the idea.

also, "IF" its possible.
try stretching the interface throughout the page. it looks like its contracted within the page and i feel Clastrophobic (fear of small areas).

everything else looks great.

I LOVE your top logo, its so TIGHT (meaning very good for those who dont know)

well thanks for your time
peace

...PS. if possible, please explain how u did the type for echolab.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2938 Report
The graphics are really cool.....but I dont know if I got for the green in the content area
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2001#3551 Report
umm.. i was just wondering if its possible that you show us how you made the text effects for ECHOLAB. it looks kinda liquidy and gel type.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2001#3668 Report
a simple yes/no answer would suffice
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum