TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

H.G.C _-_ just finished

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 11th 2002#30621 Report
thank you for understanding outbreak...

Biz_maker
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 12th 2002#30626 Report
ok first of all, calm the hell down..you are getting so emotional...its a website dude

second of all, just because you didnt use the graphic doesnt mean you didnt rip his idea. the fact that you both used the concept of having a map of the earth and a little square thingy like sattellite tracking is just...i dont know, a coincidence. when i saw your site i just thought back to his and was thinking to myself "wow that looks exactly the same as that site i saw last week".

so chill..
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 12th 2002#30638 Report
I don't consider it a rip. I've had it happen to me before that I had a very similar idea to someone else and not realized it. His site looks totally different from the other guys. Ripping IMO is copying a site design very closely. The two sites don't look like they have anything in common, except that they both have maps. But hey, it's just a map anyways, who said no one else can have maps? Movies have used the whole "plot a point and enlarge it with a rectangle" idea for years.

As far as how I like your design, Biz_Maker, I like it, but it's a little too....flat. The kind of image you are using with what looks like machinery would lend itself better to a more 3D look. As of now it kind of looks like a 2D image with a fill.

Also, use a font different from Arial for your navigation. Make it part of the image so you can use whatever font you want. Find something machine-like that goes with your theme. I look forward to seeing an update.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31030 Report
Thank you cablemotion.

I have now made it more 3d looking, just like you told me cablemotion.

Check it out, still the same link.

Biz_Maker
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31032 Report
still ... i prefer the flat red one...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31045 Report
Well, it looks good, but it still gives that "cutout" effect. Maybe take away outlines and put 3D parts right where outlines used to be?

It's easy to be accused of ripping when there are so many graphics out there, and the other site doesn't even work anyway, so don't worry about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum