TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

need advice on future homepage

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27892 Report
http://www25.brinkster.com/killer4605/index.html

look at it, analyze it, then criticize the hell out of it.

ALL comments appreciated, thanks

-also if anyone can think of a slick way to display the content, im all ears..
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27894 Report
seriously....

the whole crystals thing. It's dead. Beaten and Kicked...Given CPR then beaten again. let it die.

but if you want a critique on how good your crystals are, here goes.

Looks like you used the 3d transform tool. I must say that using photoshop for this effect only (if that is what you did) take some patience.

-Blue. Jesus christ does EVERYONE have a friggin blue site these days? Find a color you like, that ISN'T blue. here...try this one...#D8D22B it's a nice bright color. give it a try. seriously.

-The font you used for your navigation buttons doesnt fit the hard edged style of the crystals. When I think crystals, I think hard corners, not smooth flowing sissy fonts. Don't get my wrong, I like sissy fonts. I have several hundred of them

-What's the point of the little view-box thing? And why do you have those little squares over the corners?

To me, it looks like you have seen a couple sites that were posted here in the past couple weeks and emulated everything you saw there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27895 Report
I would have to agree...the chrystals thing is really dead....and if its not it should be....its has become really trendy i guess you could say....but more the less annoying...no offense to your site or anything, but it is getting kinda old. Other then that your site looks like it has good potental of becoming a good one....keep working at it and post an update........
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27901 Report
for now, since i cant think of anything original, ill stick with the crystals because im just trying to make a bunch of stuff to stick in my portfolio..

as for blue... well i really like blue but i do agree that it is overdone. tell me what u think of this

doh- forgot to change the font, ill do it later

anyways if u guys have any ideas that u would like to share about what to replace the crystals with, please do..until then.

http://www25.brinkster.com/killer4605/2.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27902 Report
I like those colors a bit better. Still, change the font on your nav buttons.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27903 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27916 Report
nope, not better, change the font.... and I really don't like the chrystals.... try somethin' else, somethin' wack and groovy and awesome and .... *smacks his head against the wall and likes it, so does it again*

thank you
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum