TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

JL Mann Highschool

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27701 Report
im trying to redesign my high school's crappy website:

http://greenville.k12.sc.us/jlmann/index.htm

but i am having trouble because of two things..

1) The school is very patriotic and the website must emphasize that. you can see what i mean when u visit the site.

2) The site has simply TOO many damn links... click a few and look at how useless they are... i dont know how i could make a site with that many links and make it look "pretty".

please post feedback, i want to get as much as possible before i begin designing a new site.

p.s. i didnt make the current site :P, and if i had i would not post it here.. its an emberessment to webdesign.:o
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27706 Report
i think you could make a good patriotic looking site without keeping the color scheme to just red white and blue. like for instance a title bar with a nice photoshop-enhanced waving flag in the background, etc. im sure you could still use a black background if you were wanting to. As for the links you might want to make some buttons that look like plain text with a size 10 font or so and when you go over them it puts a triangle next to the link, that sort of stuff. i think you can do it
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27708 Report
Well, youshould make the menu a bit wider, maybe add a circle/triangle or something in front of the links, and use another colourscheme. Maybe use: light blue & blue & dark blue (+bg)?

Why not change the logo's a bit? Or do some effects on them or use them in a creative way...

You can do it! ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27731 Report
oh man you got a lot of work ahead of you, i cant wait to see what you come up with!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27751 Report
Make a couple of different categories, and then put most of those links into sub-categories. That will reduce the amount of links.

For example, most of those things could go under a section called "about our school" or something like that. Then maybe and alumni section... etc. Then have sub-categories under them.

As for the colors... Red white and blue is an extremely boring color scheme, no matter what way you do it. I would probably just focus on one of those colors and highlight with the others.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27759 Report
im thinking white + blue and have just a patriotic bacground or something.. not sure though could do white bgcolor, blue layout, and red text? nah... text will be black or white..

sigh... ill try to come up with something
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum